- Provide physician oversight for student and patient interactions at UBCNM and outreach clinics, including student assessment, accurate documentation, and quality patient care
- Daily communications with Front Desk, Clinical Services Manager, Clinic Director, students, faculty, and labs, vendors and/or companies
- Substitute as needed for clinicians
- Mentor and advise Resident(s) and assign activities
- Assist with student remediation, as needed
- Provide support to students and faculty as Super-User for EHR
- Develop and proctor entrance, promotion and exit exams
- Assist with handbooks, policy development, and competency assessment
- Develop and oversee preceptorship/externship activities for UBCNM students
- Maintain accurate preceptor database for students
- Facilitate clinical education opportunities for students (e.g., grand rounds, international sites, etc.)
- Co-Chair Clinic Education Committee
- Participate on other college committees, as appropriate
- Collaborate with college committees to develop clinical education curriculum and assessment activities
- Assist with conducting and reviewing chart audits
- Occasional supervision of outreach events on evenings or weekends,
- Participate in college recruitment activities and annual university/college events, including Commencement, Health Sciences Open House, Student Rep Day, Vendor Day, White Coat Ceremony, and Philosophy Day
- In-class teaching assignments, as requested
- Other department duties as assigned
- Computer literacy – Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including producing documents, reports, newsletters, and Excel spreadsheets. Experience with Electronic Health Records is preferred.
- Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive, accurate, and timely feedback.
- Aptitude for teaching and constructing meaningful assessment and evaluation tools.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send letter of application and CV/resume indicating which position you are responding to in the subject line to:University of Bridgeport Clinical Faculty II, College of Naturopathic MedicineHuman ResourcesWahlstrom Library, 7th Floor 126 Park Avenue Bridgeport, CT 06604 firstname.lastname@example.orgIt is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf