Assistant Professor of Acupuncture
The University of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute (UBAI) has an opening for a Full Time faculty member starting August 1, 2014.
This faculty position requires an individual with a record of academic leadership in higher education, superior Traditional Chinese Medicine clinical skills, skill with teaching at the graduate level, interpersonal communication skills and a dedication to academic and clinical excellence. Salary is DOE.
UBAI is one of 5 health sciences programs within the larger UB structure. The Institute currently has about 75 students in three programs: MS-Acupuncture, MS-Traditional Chinese Medicine, and MS-Chinese Herbology. The school is located adjacent to the Long Island Sound in Bridgeport CT which is just about ½ way between NYC and Boston.
Please visit the UBAI website (http://www.bridgeport.edu/academics/schools-colleges/acupuncture-institute/) for more information.
The Assistant Professor of Acupuncture’s responsibilities include:
- Supervision of student interns during 2-3 shifts per week in the UB Acupuncture Institute’s teaching clinic or outreach clinics, including summer clinic rotations
- Teach a total of 10 didactic credits over the course of each school year (Spring, Fall and Summer semesters); 14 didactic credits if supervising only 2 shifts+ per week
- Serve as Chair of the MS-TCM Curriculum review committee
- Advise the Director of the Acupuncture Institute of best practices in acupuncture and TCM
- Serve as Chair of two Acupuncture Institute faculty committees
- Increase community awareness of the offerings at the Acupuncture Institute (programs and clinic)
- 3-6 hours per week of program assessment & development work is expected
- Advising up to 30 Acupuncture Institute students
- Publish scholarly work in Acupuncture/TCM journals annually
- Perform related duties as necessary to support the Acupuncture Institute’s mission and educational goals
- Degree or diploma in Acupuncture or Oriental medicine, doctoral level degree in TCM or a related health field strongly preferred
- Acupuncture licensure in the State of Connecticut (or license eligible)
- Minimum 5 years experience as an acupuncturist
- Minimum 2 years experience in AOM post-secondary education, or a related field
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Assistant Professor of Acupuncture
University of Bridgeport
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf