- 26 - SASD students are spending the summer at international design exhibitions and getting professional experience by creating products for companies across the U.S.
- 12 - University of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute clinic will offer free patient diagnoses in celebration of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day on October 22
- 13 - Get on the 'Net! UB and Connecticut Small Business Center partner with Google to help local businesses go online on Friday, March 24
- 29 - Gossip Girl's Nicole Fiscella to speak at the University of Bridgeport's 100th graduation on May 8
- 04 - Memorial scholarship established in honor of Sandy Hook Elementary teacher and UB alumna Lauren Rousseau ’05
- 26 - UB women’s gymnastics team makes history with invite to NCAA Regionals
- 08 - “Living for 32”: A special documentary screening and meeting with Colin Goddard, survivor of the Virginia Tech shooting, at the University of Bridgeport on November 12
- 25 - UB to present Lifetime Achievement Award and SASD Alumni Chair to Peter Clarke ’90, CEO and founder of Product Ventures, on April 28
- 19 - Fones School of Dental Hygiene will provide free dental care for kids and teens on Jan. 29-30. Part of nationwide Give Kids a Smile program.
- 22 - “Genetics of Infectious Diseases” with Dusan Bogunovic at University of Bridgeport on Thursday, November 8
- 04 - Vice Provost of UB Division of Health Sciences Dr. David Brady to speak at Trumbull Library on March 16
- 24 - New business incubator opens at UB: Offices, research facilities, other support available to technology ventures
- 17 - “Dining in Plato’s Cave,” with Timothy Eves to launch 2012-12 Necessary Voices season at the University of Bridgeport on September 27.
- 30 - Lune de Miel by poet and UB senior lecturer Amy Nawrocki now available from Finishing Line Press
- 06 - University of Bridgeport renames historic art gallery after Peter Schelfhaudt, CEO of Creative Partners advertising agency
- 09 - University Singers and the Hamden Symphony Orchestra to perform Faure’s Requiem on Thursday 18 to help local food banks
- 17 - UB awarded $1.1 million from U.S. Department of Education to help support low-income and first-generation students, with support from Rep. Jim Himes and Sens. Dodd and Lieberman
- 16 - Dick Allen, former director of creative writing at UB, is named Connecticut's newest poet laureate
- 23 - University of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena to present the 2012 USA Gymnastics Collegiate Women’s National Championships from April 12-14
- 21 - Connecticut Poet Laureate Dick Allen to appear at University of Bridgeport’s new writing series, Necessary Voices, on November 18
- 23 - 'Painting with Words': the fourth annual poetry slam for Bridgeport city students and poets of all ages, to be held at the University of Bridgeport on April 24
- 02 - UB and Greater Bridgeport Adolescent Pregnancy Program to launch Odyssey Project to combat substance abuse and HIV among college students
- 25 - UB and area health care providers to host community wellness fair, free medical screenings on October 25