- 19 - “Syria: A Responsibility to Protect?” with UN and Middle East experts Robert Riggs and Dave Benjamin at the University of Bridgeport, November 27
- 16 - Top execs from Pez Candy and NewAlliance Bank elected to the University of Bridgeport Board of Trustees
- 21 - Which shopping app is best? University of Bridgeport b-school students help Sony Home Entertainment find the answer in special marketing study
- 20 - Eat for $35 a week? UB Community Service Director will judge Newark Mayor Cory Booker as he tries to stretch dollars into dinners
- 09 - Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch to declare Friday, October 12 University of Bridgeport Physician Assistant Institute Day
- 07 - UB to host walkathon in support of Center for Women and Families of Eastern Fairfield County on April 15; prizes awarded to top fundraisers
- 02 - UB dominates engineering and business competitions, outperforming teams from Yale, Trinity, UConn, among dozens of others.
- 25 - UB one of four universities awarded a NASA X-Hab Innovation Grant: Sen. Lieberman hails University’s latest partnership with NASA
- 07 - The Pride of Lions, award-winning documentary at the NY International Film Festival, to premiere at the University of Bridgeport on November 3
- 05 - SASD professor Emily Larned to unveil proposal to reopen Pleasure Beach as an eco-friendly art hotspot at Bridgeport Arts Fest on Saturday, July 7
- 17 - University of Bridgeport and American University of Antigua sign agreement for UB grads to earn medical degrees
- 13 - Get on the 'Net! UB and Connecticut Small Business Center partner with Google to help local businesses go online on Friday, March 24
- 26 - SASD students are spending the summer at international design exhibitions and getting professional experience by creating products for companies across the U.S.
- 12 - University of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute clinic will offer free patient diagnoses in celebration of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day on October 22
- 29 - Gossip Girl's Nicole Fiscella to speak at the University of Bridgeport's 100th graduation on May 8
- 04 - Memorial scholarship established in honor of Sandy Hook Elementary teacher and UB alumna Lauren Rousseau ’05
- 08 - “Living for 32”: A special documentary screening and meeting with Colin Goddard, survivor of the Virginia Tech shooting, at the University of Bridgeport on November 12
- 04 - Vice Provost of UB Division of Health Sciences Dr. David Brady to speak at Trumbull Library on March 16
- 25 - UB to present Lifetime Achievement Award and SASD Alumni Chair to Peter Clarke ’90, CEO and founder of Product Ventures, on April 28
- 19 - Fones School of Dental Hygiene will provide free dental care for kids and teens on Jan. 29-30. Part of nationwide Give Kids a Smile program.
- 22 - “Genetics of Infectious Diseases” with Dusan Bogunovic at University of Bridgeport on Thursday, November 8
- 24 - New business incubator opens at UB: Offices, research facilities, other support available to technology ventures
- 17 - “Dining in Plato’s Cave,” with Timothy Eves to launch 2012-12 Necessary Voices season at the University of Bridgeport on September 27.
- 30 - Lune de Miel by poet and UB senior lecturer Amy Nawrocki now available from Finishing Line Press
- 06 - University of Bridgeport renames historic art gallery after Peter Schelfhaudt, CEO of Creative Partners advertising agency
- 09 - University Singers and the Hamden Symphony Orchestra to perform Faure’s Requiem on Thursday 18 to help local food banks