- 28 - Sandra Wise, toxicology expert, to reveal new findings about the impact of the oil spill on rare whale species and the environment in the Gulf of Mexico at UB on November 9
- 14 - UB to host local premier of Dream Builders, documentary winner of the 2010 CINE Golden Eagle, on Tuesday, September 21
- 02 - Author and UB professor Eric Lehman’s newest book “Insider’s Guide to Connecticut” to be released February 29
- 12 - Annual MLK Day of Service needs . . . you! UB organizers urge community to join day of volunteering with war veterans and others on January 16
- 10 - UB engineering students win first place at the American Society of Engineering Education Competition for third year in a row
- 14 - UB professor’s young protege wins prestigious Marjot Foundation Grant after being named a finalist in the Intel Science and Engineering Fair
- 18 - Shintaro Akatsu School of Design to launch new master's degree program in design management, starting in the fall 2011
- 27 - New book by Dr. Gerard Mullin, UB alumnus and doctor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, aims to help millions of Americans suffering from gastrointestinal disease.
- 12 - Three-time defending champion University of Bridgeport hosts the women’s 2012 USA Gymnastic Collegiate National Championships April 12-14
- 21 - UB students invite the public to join community Martin Luther King Jr. Day volunteer events on January 17
- 12 - SASD students named prize-winners at the 2013 New York International Auto Show
- 24 - CPIA Dean Thomas Ward receives Fulbright Award to study education reforms
- 02 - University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine and the Ashe Faith Project, a Mt. Aery Development Corporation initiative, announce joint venture in clinic services
- 20 - University of Bridgeport team wins Regional Stock Market Competition; victory extends school’s top-three winning streak since 2004.
- 16 - Governor Rell opens CTech IncUBator@University of Bridgeport: New venture is a first of its kind for generating jobs in Fairfield County
- 08 - Top-seeded UB women’s soccer team to host NCAA Division II championship matches on November 11 and 13
- 10 - Senator Richard Blumenthal to visit security-software maker at the CTech IncUBator at the University of Bridgeport on August 14
- 05 - UB East Asian and Pacific Rim Studies Program presents China experts Chunjuan Nancy Wei and Wiliam Lay on the "Tensions in the South China Sea: Economic and Political Dimensions” on Wednesday, November 14
- 08 - Child health expert Dr. Jared Skowron to discuss “Pediatrics: Asthma and Allergies” at Trumbull Library on March 22
- 23 - University of Bridgeport and York College-CUNY sign articulation agreement, opening doors to UB health sciences programs for students
- 11 - UB students win Connecticut Space Grant Consortium Awards to work on NASA-related research and other work
- 28 - UB to host candlelight vigil on October 18 as part of Domestic-Violence Awareness Month
- 13 - More than 250 to be sworn in as U.S. citizens at naturalization ceremony at the University of Bridgeport on September 23
- 26 - News alert: UB orders students and staff to evacuate campus by Saturday: Buses to transport students to Sacred Heart University.
- 08 - Necessary Voices continues on November 10 with Dr. Stephen Healey and “The Meaning of Liberalism.”
- 08 - Dr. David Katz to address Physician Assistant Institute’s first class at UB Health Sciences Commencement on May 13
- 13 - Connecticut Commission on Culture and Tourism awards $200,000 to restore historic Cortright Hall at the University of Bridgeport
- 20 - University of Bridgeport “Inside the Media” lecture series begins September 28 with an insiders’ look at the communications industry.
- 15 - CENTRAL Computer and Cell Phone Forensics Lab becomes tenant at CTech IncUBator @ University of Bridgeport