Join us as each college/school meets with new undergraduate students. Locations vary as follows:
- Arts & Sciences – Mertens Theater
- Trefz School of Business – Mandeville, Room 104
- College of Public and International Affairs – Carlson, Room 252/253
- Engineering – Dana, Room 123
- Fones School of Dental Hygiene – Health Sciences, Room 404
- School of Nursing – Chiropractic College, Room 100
- SASD – ABC Art Gallery
The University of Bridgeport’s Sammis Lecture Series presents:
North Korea: State, Society and Geopolitics
- Reception – 5:30 p.m.
- Presentations and Discussions – 6-7:30 p.m.
- Ricardo Flores, IPED Senior, College of Public and International Affairs
- Dr. Steve Jackowic, “Formation and Structure of the North Korean State”
Assistant Clinical Professor, Acupuncture Institute
- Dr. Chunjuan Nancy Wei, “Why China Does Not Support Its Ally North Korea?”
Associate Professor of East Asian and Pacific Rim Studies
- Dr. Linda Hasunuma, “Cooperation and Conflict among the U.S., Japan, and South Korea”
Assistant Visiting Professor of Political Science
- Dr. Thomas Ward, “Onsite in Pyongyang: Looking Back 25 Years”
Dean, College of Public and International Affairs
- Dr. Kim Setton, Associate Professor of East Asian Studies
- Y.B. Kim, Director of the Martial Arts Studies Institute
Join us on March 28, 2018, and help us Paint the Day Purple for our 2nd Annual Giving Day Challenge. This year our goal is to reach 500 donors in 24 hours. Stay tuned on Giving Day for hourly challenges from UB Board of Trustees and alumni!
For more information, visit bridgeport.edu/givingday
WAYS TO PAINT THE DAY PURPLE
• Make a gift on Wednesday, March 28
› Online at give.bridgeport.edu
› Mail a check payable to University of Bridgeport
› Call the Office of Annual Giving at 203.576.4542
• Get social and share your “Only UB” stories using hashtag #UBGivingDay!
Add your brushstroke and join the painting party!
A former child soldier and a victim of a hand amputation from Sierra Leone discuss reconciliation and the future.
The University of Bridgeport Sammis Lecture Series presents “A US-China Trade War? Likelihood and Implications.”
Tuesday, April 10 at 6:00pm in Mandeville 104.
- John Xu – The U.S. Small Business Administration
- Sergei Kambalov – Diplomat, Economist, and Career United Nations Civil Servant
- Hongbing Deng – Import-Export Specialist in US-China Trade. CT’s 2012 Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Lloyd Gibson – Dean of the Trefz School of Business
- Congsheng Wu – Faculty, Trefz School of Business
- Joanne Guo – Faculty, Trefz School of Business
All are welcome! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.