This ceremony is set to confer nearly 1500 degrees to undergraduate and graduate candidates from:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- Ernest C. Trefz School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Engineering
- Shintaro Akatsu School of Design
- College of Public and International Affairs
- School of Nursing
- Fones School of Dental Hygiene (undergraduate)
Visit commencement.bridgeport.edu for more details.
Come celebrate UB’s new month-long Summer Scholars program!
Summer Scholars and their faculty mentors will showcase their research and celebrate scholarship at the undergraduate level. UB alumnus Adam Pèrez, Ph.D. (’10) will join the Symposium as keynote speaker.
Keynote Speaker: Adam Pérez, Ph.D.
Dr. Pérez obtained his B.Sc. in Biology, with a minor in Chemistry, from the University of Bridgeport in 2010 and then went on to obtain his Ph. D. in Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Biology at The Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Pérez is passionate about science outreach and communication and has participated in numerous programs, including the ConnCAP Pre-Engineering program and the NSF GK-12 fellowship. Currently, he is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Louisville working in the Dr. John P. Wise Laboratory of Genetic and Environmental Toxicology. In January 2018, he will be starting a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship at the startup company Photanol B. V. and the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
What is the Summer Scholars Program?
The Summer Scholars Program was launched this year with a team of faculty who are committed to enculturate interested students into the research experience within their discipline of interest. In addition, these Summer Scholars are attending weekly workshops by UB faculty, staff, and community partners, participating in journal clubs to enhance critical thinking and analytic skills, attending Research in Progress (RIP) meetings led by UB biomedical and biobehavioral faculty, and participating in an academic and professional development series on planning a research career, graduate school admissions, and other topics of interest.
School of Arts and Sciences
College of Public and International Affairs
Amanda Petrus, Ph.D.
Stephen Jackowicz, M.Ac.,L.Ac.,Ph.D.
Robert Riggs, Ph.D.
Join us as each college/school meets with new undergraduate students. Locations vary as follows:
- Arts & Sciences – Mertens Theater
- Trefz School of Business – Mandeville, Room 104
- College of Public and International Affairs – Carlson, Room 252/253
- Engineering – Dana, Room 123
- Fones School of Dental Hygiene – Health Sciences, Room 404
- School of Nursing – Chiropractic College, Room 100
- SASD – ABC Art Gallery
The Innovators Series at UB presents “Big Data, Analytics and Decision Support Opportunities and Challenges – Why, What and How?”
Free to attend, but kindly RSVP to email@example.com or 203-576-4055.
- 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. – Wine and Cheese
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Program and Q&A
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Networking
- Elif Kongar, Ph.D., Chair, Department of Technology Management, Professor of Technology Management and Mechanical Engineering, University of Bridgeport
- Rajesh Bhatia, Vice President, Product Development, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management and Business Analytics
- Ursuline Foley, Managing Director, Corporate Platform Officer, and Interim Chief Data Officer, Enterprise Enablement Strategy, XL Catlin
- John Ricci, Vice President, Information Technology and Corporate IT, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.
Presented by the University of Bridgeport in partnership with the Bridgeport Regional Business Council.
Join us on March 28, 2018, and help us Paint the Day Purple for our 2nd Annual Giving Day Challenge. This year our goal is to reach 500 donors in 24 hours. Stay tuned on Giving Day for hourly challenges from UB Board of Trustees and alumni!
For more information, visit bridgeport.edu/givingday
WAYS TO PAINT THE DAY PURPLE
• Make a gift on Wednesday, March 28
› Online at give.bridgeport.edu
› Mail a check payable to University of Bridgeport
› Call the Office of Annual Giving at 203.576.4542
• Get social and share your “Only UB” stories using hashtag #UBGivingDay!
Add your brushstroke and join the painting party!