It is Tax season again! Everyone in the United States, regardless of immigration status, is responsible for completing U.S. tax filing requirements for each year of residence in the United States. Please read carefully the following information regarding tax filing requirements for international students for the 2016 tax year:
- All International Students who have U.S. source income/ earning must file certain required forms with the IRS. Those who received income subject to withholding must file by April 18, 2017.
- International Students with NO U.S. source income/ earning MUST STILL FILE a required form as well by June 15, 2017. They do NOT need to file the regular tax return forms. However, they MUST file a form to document their status as nonresident aliens.
The University of Bridgeport Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic is here to assist you and your dependents to file your tax returns for FREE! We have six sessions- February 24, March 3, March 10, March 24, April 7 and April 14 in the Student Center, Private Dining Room from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm by appointment only. Please go online today at http://www.bridgeport.edu/life/international-student-services/vita-tax-assistance/book-your-appointment/
to book an appointment. All bookings must be made at least 48 hours before the session.
When you come to the appointment please bring the following:
3. W-2 or any other tax forms you may have received
4. Copy of any previous years’ tax forms
5. A list of the dates you have entered or left the United States during the entire period of your stay here
6. Print and fill out this intake sheet: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13614nr.pdf
7. Your check book
8. Your home country address
Please remember that any online software packages available for filling out tax returns are only for American permanent residents and citizens and do not necessarily serve the needs of an international student. The UB VITA clinic works meticulously to ensure the maximum possible refund while complying completely with the IRS. Our volunteers are IRS certified students and staff and over the past few years we have served over a 1000 international students each tax season. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
The Gamma Chapter of Sigma Phi Alpha, Fones School of Dental Hygiene, University of Bridgeport will sponsor its 28th Annual Dental Hygiene Board Review Course.
The full course will provide participants with a comprehensive review of dental hygiene subjects. The faculty for these sessions are educators of outstanding reputation and expertise.
Course will be held from February 24 – 27, 2017.
Students interested in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
Register today! Click on the date below that work best for you:
Hosted by the UB Biology Club
Dr. Dusan Bogunovic ’04, Assistant Professor in the Department of Microbiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City, will present a one-hour presentation, “Genetics and Immunology.”
This free event is open to all UB students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Are you submitting a poster for Faculty Research Day? Today is the last day to submit your poster!
First Authors Only
If you are a student or faculty/staff member who is a First Author, use this registration form to submit your poster and register for the event.