The parties to this Agreement are _________________________________________________, hereinafter called “Landlord,” and _________________________________________________, hereinafter called “Tenant.” If Landlord is the agent of the owner of said property, the owner’s name and address is:______________________________________________________________________
Landlord hereby lets the following property to Tenant for the term of this Agreement: (a) the real property known as:
__________________________________________________________________________________________ and (b) the following furniture and appliances on said property:________________________________________________________________________
This agreement shall run:___ (a) for the period of ____________ to ____________, or___ (b) month-to month.
The monthly rental for said property shall be $_______, due and payable by check on the ____ day of each month.
Landlord agrees to furnish the following services and/or utilities:
___ Electricity ___ Gas ___ Garbage Collection
___ Snow Removal ___ Water ___ Oil
Tenant will pay the following deposits and/or fees:
__________________________________________________ to _______________________________________________.
This amount will be refunded (plus interest) within thirty days following the termination of the tenancy; unpaid rent, charges for damages beyond normal wear and tear, and costs for reasonable cleaning may be deducted.
In Addition It Is Agreed:
1. Tenants shall not lease, sublease, or assign the premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord (but this consent shall not be withheld unreasonably).
2. Landlord may enter the premises at reasonable times for the purposes of inspection, maintenance, or repair, and to show the premises to buyers or prospective tenants. In all instances, except those of emergency or abandonment, the Landlord shall give Tenant reasonable notice (at least one day) prior to such entry.
3. Tenant agrees to occupy the premises and shall keep the same in good condition, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and shall not make any alterations thereon without the written consent of the Landlord.
4. Landlord agrees not to use the premises is such a manner as to disturb the peace and quiet of other tenants in the building. Tenant further agrees not to maintain a public nuisance and not to conduct business or commercial activities on the premises.
5. Tenant shall, upon termination of this Agreement, vacate and return dwelling in the same condition that it was received, less reasonable wear and tear, and other damages beyond the Tenant’s control.
6. In a dispute between the Landlord and Tenant which gives rise to any action in court, the losing party will pay the court costs and reasonable attorney fees of the successful party.
7. Additional Terms:
We, the undersigned, agree to this Rental Agreement:
Legal Information Is Not Legal Advice: This site provides information about the law designed to help students cope with their own legal needs. But legal information is not the same as legal advice — the application of law to an individual’s specific circumstances. Although we try to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.