Welcome! At the University of Bridgeport all full-time matriculating students with fewer than ninety (90) credits, who live more than fifty (50) miles from campus, and are under twenty one years of age are required to live on campus. However, some graduate and upper class students choose to live off campus in the surrounding community.
Our Off-Campus Housing pages have information to help you make the most of living off-campus. Our goal is to assist you in making decisions about living off campus and to enable you to develop a housing search strategy. We have provided information on how to find housing options that best meet your needs, your rights as a tenant and where to get help if you have any questions.
For Students – Where to Find HousingThere are several ways to find rental housing in the Bridgeport and surrounding communities.
UB off-campus housing site
- A frequently updated listing of properties is available at http://ub.jumpoffcampus.com.
Find a Roommate to live off-campus
- UB's Roommate Finder
Campus bulletin board
- Located inside the lobby of the Student Center on campus, the local rental information bulletin board has proven to be very popular. On the bulletin board you can find information on various types of rentals or post your personal need for a roommate.
Local Realtor Information
- Some students prefer to search for local housing directly through a realtor. Please feel free to contact the realtors below directly.
- Phyllis Selig, Higgins Group, 203-521-9665, email@example.com
- Rita Wallace, Higgins Group, 203-696-1234
- David Yu, Higgins Group, 203-243-8115, Davidyu.firstname.lastname@example.org
- JoAnna Bernardino, Raveis, 203-929-6388, email@example.com
This information is provided as a service to the community. The University of Bridgeport makes no representations about the condition of any property found through these venues, has no role in any transaction involving these properties and in no way endorses any of the properties found through these venues.
For Landlords – How to List a Property
Prospective landlords can list available properties for a nominal fee at http://ub.jumpoffcampus.com. Landlords can also hang fliers on our bulletin board in the Student Center lobby. Fliers must first be approved for posting and approval can be obtained by contacting the Dean of Students’ Office in the Student Center, room 116 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.