What is a Check-In Session?
A Check-In Session is your first stop on campus when you arrive in Bridgeport. The session is where you will basically “Check-In” to the University of Bridgeport. It is also mandatory.
What happens at a Check-In Session?
During your Check-In Session, you will complete many steps required to register for classes. The entire session generally lasts about 2 hours. You will:
- Verify/confirm your deposit payment(s)
- Meet with an International Admissions Counselor
- Submit any outstanding admissions materials, such as official TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT results, final transcripts/marksheets, graduation/degree certificates, etc. (if you have not previously submitted them)
- Receive important information about International Orientation and Registration
- Present your passport, visa, I-20/DS-2019 and other immigration forms to the International Student Services Office
- Take a short campus tour
- Submit your health forms to Health Services (if you have not already done so)
When should I attend a Check-In Session?
Check-In Sessions will be announced closer to the Orientation date. Please plan your travel accordingly. Please plan your travel accordingly. You must register in advance for your Check-In Session. Seats are limited. We recommend attending a Check-In Session as soon as you arrive. (Important Notice: Please do NOT enter the country more than 30 days before the start date on your I-20.)
How can I register for my Check-In Session?
You should register for your Check-In Session after you receive your visa. Do not register for a space prior to receiving your visa. Registration for the Summer Check-In Session will be announced closer to the event date.
I’ve registered for my Check-In Session. What’s next?
Great! Your next steps involve coming to campus! As you make your travel arrangements, please note that the University of Bridgeport offers complimentary airport pick-up for students who are arriving at JFK Airport on designated days leading up to orientation. If you are arriving between these dates, you can click here to request a complimentary airport pick-up from us.