J-1 Student On-Campus Employment

On campus employment may be available to J-1 students who are in a degree program, are maintaining full time study, have achieved good grades, and have met their financial obligations to the University. On-campus work permit is required prior to the start of the employment. J-1 students are allowed to work no more than 20 hours per week, except for official school breaks and annual vacation when it may be full time.

On campus employment includes opportunities such as hourly work, graduate assistantships and Resident Advisor positions. On campus employment is not guaranteed and international students are required to have full financial support without considering on campus work. Please visit UB’s Career Services  for on-campus employment opportunities.