The School of Arts & Science at the University of Bridgeport (Bridgeport, CT) invites applications for adjunct Philosophy instructors for future semesters who will teach part-time; area of specialization is open. Applicants should have a master’s degree in an appropriate discipline and prior teaching experience.
- Maintain currency in pedagogy
- Communicate effectively with students and staff
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students, and submit records to the upon the completion of the course
- Teach in a variety of instructional settings and times including days, evenings, weekends, and off campus
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline
- Contact information of three references familiar with candidate’s teaching work
- Official graduate transcripts
- Demonstrated ability to achieve course learning objectives with engaging, student-centered strategies
- At least one year of successful college-level teaching experience (can include part-time teaching)
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse university community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates may submit their CV/resume electronically or by mail and should include a letter of application.
University of Bridgeport
Adjunct Instructor in Philosophy
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601
Tel: (203) 576-4588 Fax: (203) 576-4601
The University of Bridgeport is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Annual Security and Fire Report reports are available at https://www.bridgeport.edu/docs/Security/Annual_Security_Report.pdf
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com