Assistant Coach for Men’s and Women’s Swimming
(2 – Part-time Positions Available)
Reporting to the Head Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming, the Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming is a part-time position responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Men’s & Women’s swimming program.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of the department and the University, as well as the rules and regulations of the NCAA, East Coast Conference, ECAC, Metropolitan Collegiate Swimming & Diving Conference and any other authorities that affect the intercollegiate athletic program;
- The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with team development, training and strategy in practice and competition;
- Assist the Head Coach in establishing goals, objectives, and values for the program consistent with mission of athletics department;
- Assists with the regular practice sessions in and out of the season as permitted by the NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assists in motivating student-athletes to perform to maximum levels;
- Assists with the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with the training; unit to ensure that student-athletes are physically prepared for competition;
- Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of games and practices.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of student-athletes;
- Assures compliance with NCAA regulations;
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- An excellent knowledge of stroke technique, physiological basis of training and race strategy
- The selected candidate will also ensure full compliance with NCAA Division II, East Coast Conference and Metropolitan Collegiate Swimming & Diving Conference rules and regulations at all time.
- Valid Connecticut Driver’s License required or able to obtain; able to obtain passenger endorsement on license and a driving record which complies with University of Bridgeport driving policy.
- CPR/AED certification;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Coaching and /or participation at collegiate level preferred; demonstrated ability and passion to teach and demonstrate skills of collegiate swimming;
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Willingness to fundraise;
- Ability to interact with all levels of the university community.
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse university community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should send a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
University of Bridgeport
Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com