Reporting to the University Registrar, the Assistant/Associate University Registrar, provides leadership, support and management in the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office. The incumbent will assist in the overall responsibility of the accuracy, integrity, privacy and security of all academic records. The Assistant/Associate Registrar works together with the University Registrar to ensure compliance with published policies and procedures while providing outstanding customer service to students, staff, faculty and the larger community.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate operations within the Office of the Registrar and assume responsibility for the office in the absence of the Registrar
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity and security of student academic records
- Work with Registrar on reviewing policies and procedures in regards to compliance
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the academic administration, faculty and staff
- Assist Registrar with posting of degrees
- Conduct FERPA training as needed
- Process changes of grades
- Assist with production of the fall, spring and summer class schedules
- Coordinate with Admissions on smooth transition of new student files
- Backup Registrar when needed in submitting files to National Student Clearinghouse
- Work with the Registrar on scheduling of classrooms in ensuring that the process is fair and equitable
- Oversee the transfer credit posting process
- Works with union employees to confirm timesheets and time off requests are submitted in a timely manner
- Work with the Dean of Students on orientation planning
- Coordinates staff professional development
- Prepare NCAA Eligibility letters
- Some weekends and evenings are required
- Perform other related duties, as required
- A Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Prior leadership experience preferred; a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Registration and Student Records, Enrollment Management.
- In-depth knowledge of student information system and experience working with records management and student information system integration, (preferably Colleague by Ellucian) in a College or University setting as well as knowledge of the operational and functional aspects of student systems and integration with other campus systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to students, faculty, parents, and others;
- Strong working knowledge of the standards of student recordkeeping practices in higher education; Functional expertise in the technologies of storage, retrieval, retention, archiving, and purging of records;
- A working knowledge and familiarity of FERPA policies;
- Understanding of computation and statistical reporting applications;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and effective communication across diverse groups of constituents, including students, parents, faculty, academic advisors, alumni, and other staff;
- Interest in, and ability for, problem-solving;
- Ability to professionally and effectively respond to customer complaints in person and by phone;
- Ability to maintain a motivated and team oriented attitude even under pressure;
- Ability to meet deadlines within time constraints.
Some evening and weekend work is required.
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse university community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates may submit their CV/resume electronically or by mail and should include a letter of application.
University of Bridgeport
Department of Human Resources
Wahlstrom Library 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org