Congratulations on being accepted and for making the decision to attend UB.
1. Secure your spot at UB by paying your deposit(s)
ITEMS TO DO
More Housing Details:
- You may add the housing deposit to your tuition deposit and send one check, bank draft, or money order.
- Include your full name (last name and first name) and your University ID number with all deposit payments.
- Deposit payments are non-refundable.
- Deposits can be paid either online or via mail. To pay your deposit electronically, please go to www.peertransfer.com.
- To pay by mail, send a bank draft or money order, drawn on a U.S. bank, payable to: “University of Bridgeport”, along with all required forms (Admissions Confirmation Form and Housing Contract) to the following address:
University of Bridgeport
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604 USA
2. Sign Up For Check-In Session
All new students to the University of Bridgeport are required to attend a Check-In Session prior to registering for classes. During this time, you will:
- Present your official documents (transcripts, test scores, etc.) to admissions
- Receive important information about orientation and registration
- Present your passport, I-20 and other immigration documents to the International Student Services Office
- Submit your health forms
If you have received your visa and made your travel plans, please CLICK HERE and sign up for your Check-In Session.
3. Sign Up For Complimentary Airport Shuttle
COMPLIMENTARY AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM JFK AIRPORT, JANUARY 10th-14th ONLY
UB will have staff to greet you upon arrival at John F. Kennedy (JFK) airport in New York City on Saturday, January 10 and Sunday, January 11 and escort you to the campus via a free airport shuttle! This service is available on a first-come, first serve basis. Detailed instructions to take the shuttle will be emailed to those arriving on January 12, 13 or 14. Request must be received 48 hours prior to arrival
To request approval for airport pickup, CLICK HERE.
4. Submit Health Paperwork and Insurance Information.
Students who do not provide proof of certain vaccines will not be able to register for classes or reside in any of our residence halls. For more information, please contact Student Health Services at 203-576-4712, or via online at Health Services.
PRIOR TO REGISTRATION, all students must complete the health requirements and Health Examination Form filled out by their doctor. You can view all health requirements and download the form at: www.bridgeport.edu/healthforms.
The University of Bridgeport and CT State Law require the following from International Students:
- A Physical Exam signed by your Doctor
- A Test for Tuberculosis: All Students must have a Tuberculosis test within six months of admission to the University or complete the TB risk assessment found on www.bridgeport.edu/healthforms.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine (MMR) Vaccine: Two vaccines are required after age one. This pertains to all students.
- Meningitis Vaccine within the past 5 years: All students living in residence halls
- Varicella Vaccine: Two vaccines or history of disease (not required for students born in the United States prior to 1980).
Student Health Insurance
All international students are required to have UB’s health insurance. The cost will automatically be added to your student account. Policies from your home country will not take the place of this mandatory insurance. Do NOT purchase a health insurance policy from your home country before coming to UB.
5. Complete International Orientation
- Thursday, January 15
- Safety Security Mandatory Meeting
- Academic Placement Testing
- International Student Reception
- Karaoke Night
- Friday, January 16
- Course Advising and Registration
- Immigration and Culture Workshop
- Movie Night
- Saturday January 17
- Ice Skating and Laser Tag
- Game Night
- Sunday, January 18
- Shopping Trip
- Watch Football with pizza and wings
- Monday, January 19
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (University Closed
- Community Service Projects
- Tuesday, January 20
- Classes Begin!
6. Important Information- Fees, Payment, and Registration
UB Tuition, Fees, Room and Board, and other Costs per Academic Year (as per your I-20 Form):
Full-time Undergraduate: $45,185
Full-time Graduate: $30,965
- These amounts are for one full academic year (fall and spring semesters).Expect to pay half of the amount upon registration for your first semester if you will be living on-campus.
- Course registration for undergraduate students will take place on Friday, January 16. The dates for graduate students vary based on academic program. The registration process includes meeting with academic advisors, discussing prerequisite courses including possible waivers, and selecting actual course schedule.
- All new students must pay your first semester charges in full by the first day of classes.
- International undergraduates who have received UB partial scholarships must pay the remaining costs that are not covered by their scholarships by the first day of classes.
- Payments can be made by cash, bank draft, money order, or credit card at the time of registration.
- For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.