UB is pleased to offer for the first-time ever a comprehensive parent track! The parent program is designed to inform on the various extra-curricular activities, educational programming, and academic support services available to your students here. The program runs concurrently to the student one, although some workshops are combined and meals are integrated.
Parent Orientation Program Highlights
- Meet with academic and student affairs representatives. Receive answers to your questions from majors to attendance policies to office hours.
- Meet other parents. For some, having kids in college is an old habit, but for others this is their first venture. Meet, greet, and socialize!
- Ask current students questions. Student leaders will be available throughout the program as Orientation Leaders and workshop facilitators. The best way to understand what your child’s experience will be like is to ask a current student and here’s your chance!
- The program fee is $10 and includes orientation materials (carrying bag, notepad, etc.) and a continental breakfast on the first day.
- Parents can purchase on the day of the event meal tickets to the other meals on the schedule (Friday lunch and dinner and Saturday breakfast). Costs are as follows:
- Friday lunch = $10
- Friday lunch and dinner = $25
- Saturday breakfast = $5
- All three meals = $30
- On-campus housing is available on a first come, first serve basis as there is a limited number of beds. It is available at a rate of $30 per parent. Two parents per room, so if a parent is attending individually they will be paired up accordingly.
- Personal items, bath towels, or sheets/pillows for the twin-sized bed are NOT provided. There is a communal hallway bath and we recommend bringing flip-flops for the shower.
- Unlike the students, parents are not required to stay on campus overnight. Numerous hotels offer discounted rates, including but not limited to the following:
Registration for the parent orientation program can be completed with the student registration.