The University of Bridgeport has an international reputation for being one of the premier institutions in the United States for academic programs in the Health Sciences that focus on an integrated approach to practice. We are very pleased to announce we now offer academic merit scholarships
of up to $5,500 per year
for the duration of the academic program. The following scholarships are available:
The Dr. Peter D’Adamo Naturopathic Scholarship
The Dr. Rose Galiger Chiropractic Scholarship
The Dr. Jeffrey Bland Scholarship in Human Nutrition
The Dr. Jeffrey Moss Scholarship in Human Nutrition
The Dr. David M. Brady Scholarship in Human Nutrition
Additionally, multiple scholarships are available in each of the following programs:
- Chiropractic (D.C.)
- Naturopathic Medicine (N.D.)
- Acupuncture (M.S.)
- Human Nutrition (M.S.) On-Campus Program Only
1) Complete the Scholarship Application form found here
2) Submit a well written, typed essay that addresses the following three areas:
- Why have you chosen this profession and what is your career plan?
- Why is the program at the University of Bridgeport the best fit for you?
- Discuss any personal, financial, or academic circumstances that warrant receipt of the scholarship. How will you plan to “give back” to the University if this scholarship is awarded to you?
3) Mail or email your Scholarship Materials to:
Director of Health Science Admissions
126 Park Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Once received, your scholarship application will be reviewed by the admissions review committee and you will be notified of the results as soon as possible, and no later than 30 days prior to your program start date.
Due to the competitive nature of these awards, you are strongly encouraged to submit your scholarship application as soon as possible and not wait until the deadlines below.
Fall semester: July 1
Spring semester: December 1
Scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive their scholarship award for the duration of the academic program providing the following conditions are met:
- Student must be enrolled as an official full time student for each semester in which they receive the scholarship
- Student must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- The scholarship will cover tuition only. Mandatory fees and room and board charges are not covered by this scholarship
- Recipients will be expected to volunteer to become admissions ambassadors in their respective program. They must attend Health Science admissions events, where they will serve as student panelists and assist with the recruitment of new students in various capacities. Students will be requires to volunteer during New Student Orientation and Open House events.
- Recipients will be expected to be remain active participants in their area’s professional student organization
- Student conduct must be consistent with standards set forth in the “Key to UB”
- Scholarships are for new incoming students. Current students are not eligible.
The University of Bridgeport, at the discretion of the academic dean, reserves the right to revoke the scholarship if any of the above conditions are not met.