Purpose of Program
As part of the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching’s (CELT) initiatives, we offer a faculty professional development program. Our Title III grant provides funding for this initiative focusing on improving undergraduate retention and incorporating best instructional practices for the students we serve. Selected faculty will participate in a learning community that features the richness of small group discussions, offers a menu of choices for workshops about technological applications for instruction, and provides tutorials about retention tools for determining which students need academic support.
The faculty development spring and summer program involves workshops, discussion groups, technology sessions, and invited speakers, utilizing a learning community model. Goals for the CELT Professional Development Program are the following:
- To learn about new technologies for use in university classrooms;
- To investigate ways to retain our students;
- To explore ways to meet the academic needs of unprepared students;
- To increase the number of students who are successful in their first year of study;
- To discover new strategies for instructing our students;
- To become proficient in the use of RetentionAlert to provide an early alert about students in trouble; and
- To incorporate the richness of our student body’s diversity into our classrooms.
Adjunct Faculty Application (PDF
Full-Time Faculty Application (PDF