Welcome Back Weekend 2015
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Oct 09th 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Oct 10th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Oct 11th 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
Online registration is now closed. You can register in person at the Student Center (Knights End, ground level) on Saturday or at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 2:00 p.m. “Unknown Soldier: Searching for a Father” Screening
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block
On Saturday, October 10, the University of Bridgeport shuttle will be making stops between campus, the Bridgeport train station, and the Holiday Inn downtown between 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., and adding in a stop at Murphy’s Law beginning at 5:30 p.m. All shuttle services will conclude at 11 p.m. that evening.
- Amici Miei Café
957 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
15% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 540-5360
- Two Boots
281 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06604
15% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 331-1377
- Metric Bar and Grill
39 Cannon St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
10% discount for party of 6 or more
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 576-6903
- Barnum Publick House
1020 Broad St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
10% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 690-1044
- Testo’s Restaurant & Catering
1775 Madison Ave, Bridgeport, CT 0660
10% off Oct 9/10 (closed Sundays)