The UB Alumni Association is proud to offer an annual scholarship award that honors a student’s character, academic accomplishments, participation in activities on and off campus, community service, athletic activity participation, and contributions to the UB community.
Awards are $5,000 per semester for two consecutive semesters (Fall and Spring). Applicants should be an undergraduate student (second semester sophomore to first semester senior at UB) who demonstrates financial need and a GPA of at least 3.0.
Thank you for your interest in the UB Alumni Association Scholarship. The application period has now closed.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, current students, families, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Bridgeport
are invited to join us for a weekend full of fun social, academic, and athletic events!
Stay tuned for updates or follow us at Facebook.com/UBridgeport!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 14
- 6:00 p.m. Pep Rally
Saturday, October 15
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival/Greek Row
- 10:00 a.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Engineering Carnival
- 11:00 a.m. College of Chiropractic Facilities Tours
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon with the Dean of Students
- 12:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 1:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 6:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 8:00 p.m. Young Alumni Black Rock Bash
Sunday, October 16
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Music Alumni Brunch
- 1:00 p.m. Alumni Jam Session
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
More information: Homecoming@Bridgeport.edu
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Homecoming Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 10/1/16. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Homecoming Weekend at UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $124 room rate will be offered until 9/23/16. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport Homecoming Weekend room block or make a reservation online (discount rate is applied automatically).
- Courtyard by Marriott Shelton – 780 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton: $95 room rate will be offered until 9/23/16. Call (203) 929-1500 and ask for the University of Bridgeport Homecoming Weekend room block.
The UB Shuttle will be making continuous loops from the Bridgeport Holiday Inn to and from the UB campus on Saturday, October 15 from 10am-10pm. Also on Saturday, from 7:30pm-10:00pm, there will be an added stop at the Crafty Monk on Fairfield Ave. to transport attendees to the Young Alumni Black Rock Bash!
Come out and support your UB Purple Knights at a Pep Rally to kick off Homecoming Weekend 2016!
Spectators are invited to come watch this fun and friendly game with teams of alumni baseball and softball players facing off for bragging rights!
Enjoy continental breakfast in the Arnold Room of Hubbell gym at 8:00am. Scrimmage and socialize with fellow UB soccer alumni at this casual reunion event, then stay for the BBQ lunch to tailgate the men’s and women’s soccer games!
Register, pick up your schedule, campus map, and lanyard for the weekend. Also enjoy a lovely continental breakfast to start your day!