UB Alumni Association Scholarship
The UB Alumni Association is proud to offer an annual scholarship award that honors a student’s character, academic accomplishments, participation in activities on and off campus, community service, athletic activity participation, and contributions to the UB community.
Awards are $5,000 per semester for two consecutive semesters (Fall and Spring). Applicants should be an undergraduate student (second semester sophomore to first semester senior at UB) who demonstrates financial need and a GPA of at least 3.0.
Deadline for applicants to submit for the 2016-17 award is 12:00 noon on May 27, 2016.
For more information, and to submit an application, email email@example.com. Applications may also be delivered in person to Cortright Hall, 219 Park Avenue, between 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please join us for an afternoon celebrating the accomplishments of David Kaiser ’76, President of Spark Design LLC. Hosted by Art Landi ’74, ID & UB Trustee, the reception will also include a viewing of the 2016 Senior Design Exhibition, featuring new design work from graduating SASD students.
Enjoy complimentary beer, wine, and hors d’oeuvres while you mingle with old friends and make new ones. Tour our studios, shops, and computer labs. Help us make this a night to remember by spreading the word to your classmates and friends!
Admission is free for you and a guest over the age of 21. Please RSVP to Kyle Buckley at 203-576-4034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Bridgeport Alumni Association has teamed up with the Bridgeport Young Professionals Group to present you with a “home run” of an event! Join us on Thursday, May 19 from 6:30-9:00pm to cheer on the Bridgeport Bluefish as they take on the Somerset Patriots. Enjoy the game from a private Party Box with appetizers, drink specials (including two FREE), raffles and FREE admission! Support CT’s own minor league baseball team, network, and mingle with local Young Professionals and UB Young Alumni!
The stadium is walkable from the Bridgeport Metro North station and has plenty of parking ($7 per car). Since this is a ticketed event and space is limited, registration is required!
Please join us for the Twentieth Annual UB Athletics Golf Classic at the beautiful Race Brook Country Club. To support the rising success and growth of UB athletics, all net proceeds from this event will be used to enhance our athletic facilities to give our student athletes the best possible environment. Your continued support will ensure that the Purple Knights are recognized as one of the elite Division II programs in the northeast.
Register online at give.bridgeport.edu/2016GolfClassic
$250 per player, $1000 per foursome
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to play an enjoyable round of golf while also supporting UB athletics! For more information, contact Pete Doneit at email@example.com or 203-576-4017.
Celebrate your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, current students, families, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Bridgeport
are invited to join us for a weekend full of fun social, academic, and athletic events!
Stay tuned for updates or follow us at Facebook.com/UBridgeport!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Take advantage of a special $5 off early bird rate now through August 31, 2016!
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 14
- 6:00 p.m. Pep Rally
Saturday, October 15
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival/Greek Row
- 10:00 a.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Engineering Carnival
- 11:00 a.m. College of Chiropractic Facilities Tours
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon with the Dean of Students
- 12:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 1:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. 1985-1995 Alumni Reunion
- 6:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 8:00 p.m. Young Alumni Black Rock Bash
Sunday, October 16
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
More information: Homecoming@Bridgeport.edu
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Homecoming Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 10/1/16. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Homecoming Weekend at UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $124 room rate will be offered until 9/23/16. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport Homecoming Weekend room block or make a reservation online (discount rate is applied automatically).
Come out and support your UB Purple Knights at a Pep Rally to kick off Homecoming Weekend 2016!