Effective fundraising for your start-up: best practices in crowdfunding, venture capital, and family financing.
- Elena Cahill, Senior Lecturer
- Ron Paliwoda, President, The Paliwoda Group
- Mark Nowotarski, Principal, Markets, Patents & Alliances
5:30 – 6:00 p.m. – Wine and Cheese
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Program and Q&A
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Networking
Free to attend. RSVP to email@example.com or 203-576-4151
On September 17, 2015, from 4:30 to 5:30, Independent Filmmaker and Film Studies Professor Roxana Walker-Canton will speak on “Black Women and Academe: Why Things Must Change.”
Professor Walker-Canton’s documentary about the lives of black women in higher education, “Living Thinkers,” can be seen at www.livingthinkers.com.
This event is open to the University of Bridgeport community and others.
You are cordially invited to attend the 2015 Distinguished Alumni Dinner in honor of:
Amelia Amon ’81
Roland Brooks ’78
Stephen Diaz ’95, ’98
Shawn Sequeira ’03, ’10
Naomi Volain ’83
2015-16 Alumni Association Scholarship Recipient:
Brandi Greer ’16
6:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception
7:00 p.m. Dinner and Formal Program
$75 Individual, $750 Table Sponsor
Proceeds benefit the Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
Please join us for the Nineteenth Annual UB Athletics Golf Classic at the beautiful Race Brook Country Club. To support the rising success and growth of UB athletics, all net proceeds from this event will be used to enhance our athletic facilities to give our student athletes the best possible environment. Your continued support will ensure that the Purple Knights are recognized as one of the elite Division II programs in the northeast.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ($250 per player, $1,000 per foursome)
Schedule of Events on September 28:
10 a.m. Driving range opens
11 a.m. Registration, lunch, gift bags
12 p.m. Shotgun start
5 p.m. Cocktail hour
6 p.m. Dinner, awards, raffle
Prizes: Hole-in-One, Longest Drive Straightest Drive, Closest to the Pin, and Team Prizes
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to play an enjoyable round of golf while also supporting UB athletics!
Come out and support your UB Purple Knights at a Pep Rally to kick off Welcome Back Weekend 2015!
Oct 09th 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Oct 10th 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Oct 11th 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses (TBA)
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block
Cheer on the Women’s Volleyball team as they take on Adelphi University!
Scrimmage and socialize with fellow UB soccer alumni at this casual reunion event, then stay for the BBQ lunch to tailgate the men’s and women’s soccer games!
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday. Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Benefit Dinner, 5k Run, Athletics Hall of Fame).
Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Tours of the full campus will be given, as well as special tours focusing on UB’s residence halls. Join our student ambassadors and volunteers as they introduce you to the UB grounds, or bring you back to your days living on campus!
Tours will begin at the Ped Mall clock at 10:00am and 1:00pm.