Please join us in celebrating the coming together of the University of Bridgeport and Bridgeport Hospital Schools of Nursing. Mingle with fellow nursing alumni, learn about the new UB School of Nursing, and provide your input to help shape the future of the program.
This course will be a concise introduction to the new model of health devised by Professor George Vithoulkas, namely The Levels of Health. This follows the publication of his latest book of the same name in 2010.
Approved for 12 hours of foundational education towards CHC hours.
Featured Speaker (via video conference):
- George Vithoulkas, Professor, World-Renown Author, and Founder of the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy
- Florence McPherson, ND., Adjunct Professor of Homeopathy at the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Andrew Ward, LCH, Dip.IACH, R.S.Hom, experienced classical homeopath practicing in London, long-term student of Professor Vithoulkas, teacher, and head of E-Courses for IACH in UK
- Kim Elia, CEO of WholeHealthNow. International teacher, historian, and dynamic lecturer on homeopathy
The concept of The Levels of Health will be presented. Within the context of the three levels of the human organism, the parameters of the model will be explained – 4 groups and 12 levels- that define the levels of health to which a patient belongs. This is done in order to gain a better insight into the patient’s disease state and therefore to reach a better understanding of the prognosis, before and during treatment. This classification helps us to understand the patient’s general condition and helps us to refine the prognosis and intelligently use any information to evaluate the remedy reaction and subsequent action needed. A proper evaluation of the case progression is essential and only possible with the correct knowledge. The rules and guidelines of this model are clearly presented and will enable the student to evaluate more successfully his/her case and therefore achieve a better outcome. Power point presentation mixed with case examples and one video case will be presented.
Please join us for the Twentieth Annual UB Athletics Golf Classic at the beautiful Race Brook Country Club. To support the rising success and growth of UB athletics, all net proceeds from this event will be used to enhance our athletic facilities to give our student athletes the best possible environment. Your continued support will ensure that the Purple Knights are recognized as one of the elite Division II programs in the northeast.
Register online at give.bridgeport.edu/2016GolfClassic
$250 per player, $1000 per foursome
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to play an enjoyable round of golf while also supporting UB athletics! For more information, contact Pete Doneit at email@example.com or 203-576-4017.
Celebrate your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, current students, families, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Bridgeport
are invited to join us for a weekend full of fun social, academic, and athletic events!
Stay tuned for updates or follow us at Facebook.com/UBridgeport!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Take advantage of a special $5 off early bird rate now through August 31, 2016!
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 14
- 6:00 p.m. Pep Rally
Saturday, October 15
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival/Greek Row
- 10:00 a.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Engineering Carnival
- 11:00 a.m. College of Chiropractic Facilities Tours
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon with the Dean of Students
- 12:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 1:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. 1985-1995 Alumni Reunion
- 6:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 8:00 p.m. Young Alumni Black Rock Bash
Sunday, October 16
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 11:00 a.m. Music Alumni Brunch
- 1:00 p.m. Music Alumni Jam Session
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
More information: Homecoming@Bridgeport.edu
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Homecoming Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 10/1/16. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Homecoming Weekend at UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $124 room rate will be offered until 9/23/16. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport Homecoming Weekend room block or make a reservation online (discount rate is applied automatically).
Come out and support your UB Purple Knights at a Pep Rally to kick off Homecoming Weekend 2016!
Enjoy continental breakfast in the Arnold Room of Hubbell gym at 8:00am. Scrimmage and socialize with fellow UB soccer alumni at this casual reunion event, then stay for the BBQ lunch to tailgate the men’s and women’s soccer games!
Register, pick up your schedule, campus map, and lanyard for the weekend. Also enjoy a lovely continental breakfast to start your day!
Tours of the full campus will be given, as well as a special tour focusing on UB’s res halls. Join our student ambassadors and volunteers as they introduce you to the UB grounds, or bring you back to your days living on campus! Meet at the Ped Mall clock at 10am and 1pm for tours.
Join us for this family-friendly and engaging engineering carnival that will feature robots on display! Our award-winning School of Engineering students showcase their talents and provide interactive activities for children of all ages!
Bring your family and enjoy a fun-filled Harvest Festival! There will be plenty of activities for children, and you can also learn about many of the fantastic clubs and organizations that UB has to offer!