Transfer to UB
Transferring has never been easier or more affordable.
Benefits of transferring to UB include:
- Our transfer policy maximizes the number of credits you can transfer into UB.
- UB offers generous scholarships for qualified transfer students.
- Complete your Associate Degree Program and enter UB as a junior (in a compatible program).
- Successfully complete your undergraduate degree at UB and enter a one-year master’s degree program in many areas including: Education, Computer Science and Business (MBA).
Visit UB for a personal transfer consultation.
Important Transfer Considerations:
- You should apply in advance of the date of the term you plan to begin your studies. This will enable you to receive a timely evaluation of your transfer credits, appropriate academic advisement and program planning.
- You must have earned at least a “C” average (2.0 GPA) for all work attempted and be in good academic standing at the previously attended institution to be considered for regular admission.
- All courses taken at the previously institution must be 100 level or higher to transfer over.
- Dental Hygiene, Biology, Health Sciences, all Business majors and Computer Science and Engineering require a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Your acceptance is contingent upon the receipt of all final official transcripts.
- You are required to complete your last thirty semester hours at the University of Bridgeport and meet course requirements as described in each program to be eligible for a degree. A maximum of 66 credits may be awarded from two-year colleges and 90 credits from accredited four-year institutions.
- An applicant who has attempted 12 or more semester hours at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution is considered a transfer applicant.
All transfer students should develop an education plan with their community college counselor. To encourage transfers within Connecticut, the University of Bridgeport is continuing to develop degree-specific transfer articulation agreements and guides with regionally accredited schools to assist transfer students in the development of their education plans.
The following are UB’s current articulation (transfer) agreements, which outline the courses students should take in order to complete an Associate Degree at their current institution and to transfer into specific major(s) at UB.
- Gateway Community College
- Housatonic Community College
- Norwalk Community College
- Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- Quinebaug Community College
- Northwestern Community College
- Capital Community College
Students wishing to plan their Associate Degree programs to ensure meeting prerequisites for upper division courses at UB are encouraged to communicate early with a Transfer Counselor or Academic Advisor at UB to secure specific information about transfer credits and to ensure coursework will transfer. Transfer students receive academic credit for most college level courses as long as they receive a grade of C or better in the course. A maximum of sixty six (66) credits will be accepted for transfer from a community college.
Transfer Application Requirements
Transferring to UB is easy! You can apply online or visit our Transfer Applications Requirements page for more information including instructions for specific majors and requirements for student athletes.
Are you graduating soon? Are you interested in applying for work authorization in the U.S. after you complete your degree? If so, please join us at one of our OPT Information Sessions to learn more about your eligibility, how to apply for OPT, and how to find a job!
Presented by International Student Services and the Center for Career Development.
The University of Bridgeport will be celebrating its 106th Commencement Ceremony in May. Conferral of Degrees for the undergraduate and graduate candidates from the School of Arts and Sciences, Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, School of Education, School of Engineering, Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, College of Public and International Affairs, Physicians Assistant Institute and undergraduates in the Fones School of Dental Hygiene Degrees will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT.
This venue will enable everyone to graduate together with family and friends present (rain or shine) and allow for wonderful photo opportunities (thanks to the tiered seating).
Join us for an informative presentation about paying for college. Students will also have the opportunity to meet with their financial aid counselor regarding their financial aid packages.
The Office of Admissions hosts weekday campus tours at 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm. For students and families that are unable to join us during the week, the Office of Admissions has scheduled Saturday morning campus tours at 11:00am.
To register, click on the date on which you plan to tour UB:
Join us for our open house for undergraduate transfer students!
This event will include:
- an admissions presentation
- fee-waived application workshop
- on-the-spot transfer credit evaluation
- faculty “meet-and-greet”
- campus tour