Transfer to UB
Transferring has never been easier or more affordable.
Benefits of transferring to UB include:
- Our transfer policy maximizes the number of credits you can transfer into UB.
- UB offers generous scholarships for qualified transfer students.
- Complete your Associate Degree Program and enter UB as a junior (in a compatible program).
- Successfully complete your undergraduate degree at UB and enter a one-year master’s degree program in many areas including: Education, Computer Science and Business (MBA).
Visit UB for a personal transfer consultation.
Important Transfer Considerations:
- You should apply in advance of the date of the term you plan to begin your studies. This will enable you to receive a timely evaluation of your transfer credits, appropriate academic advisement and program planning.
- You must have earned at least a “C” average (2.0 GPA) for all work attempted and be in good academic standing at the previously attended institution to be considered for regular admission.
- All courses taken at the previously institution must be 100 level or higher to transfer over.
- Dental Hygiene, Biology, Health Sciences, all Business majors and Computer Science and Engineering require a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Your acceptance is contingent upon the receipt of all final official transcripts.
- You are required to complete your last thirty semester hours at the University of Bridgeport and meet course requirements as described in each program to be eligible for a degree. A maximum of 66 credits may be awarded from two-year colleges and 90 credits from accredited four-year institutions.
- An applicant who has attempted 12 or more semester hours at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution is considered a transfer applicant.
All transfer students should develop an education plan with their community college counselor. To encourage transfers within Connecticut, the University of Bridgeport is continuing to develop degree-specific transfer articulation agreements and guides with regionally accredited schools to assist transfer students in the development of their education plans.
The following are UB’s current articulation (transfer) agreements, which outline the courses students should take in order to complete an Associate Degree at their current institution and to transfer into specific major(s) at UB.
- Gateway Community College
- Housatonic Community College
- Norwalk Community College
- Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- Quinebaug Community College
- Northwestern Community College
- Capital Community College
Students wishing to plan their Associate Degree programs to ensure meeting prerequisites for upper division courses at UB are encouraged to communicate early with a Transfer Counselor or Academic Advisor at UB to secure specific information about transfer credits and to ensure coursework will transfer. Transfer students receive academic credit for most college level courses as long as they receive a grade of C or better in the course. A maximum of sixty six (66) credits will be accepted for transfer from a community college.
Transfer Application Requirements
Transferring to UB is easy! You can apply online or visit our Transfer Applications Requirements page for more information including instructions for specific majors and requirements for student athletes.
The Office of Admissions hosts weekday campus tours at 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm. For students and families that are unable to join us during the week, the Office of Admissions has scheduled Saturday morning campus tours at 11:00am.
To register, click on the date on which you plan to tour UB:
Come learn about UB’s RN to BSN Hybrid Completion Program:
- Meet our esteemed School of Nursing faculty
- Bring your transcripts and receive transfer credit & program planning advisement
- Tour our new state-of-the-art Nursing Skills and Simulation Center
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
Morning Information Sessions:
Afternoon Information Sessions:
Students interested in UB’s undergraduate Dental Hygiene programs are welcome to join us at our Bridgeport location for information regarding the application process and program details.
Students interested in UB’s undergraduate Dental Hygiene programs are welcome to join us at our Waterbury location for information regarding the application process and program details.
To register, click on the date that works best for you:
Financial Aid Workshop!
Join the Student Financial Services and the Office of Admissions for our FAFSA Workshop that aims to guide new undergraduate students through the entire FAFSA process.
Make sure to bring both your own and your parents’ 2015 tax information.
(You may estimate your FAFSA if you have not yet completed your 2015 tax returns. However, your FAFSA will need to be updated once your tax returns are complete.)