Transferring has never been easier or more affordable. Benefits of transferring to UB include:
- Our transfer policy maximizes the number of credits you can transfer into UB.
- UB offers generous scholarships for qualified transfer students.
- Complete your Associate Degree Program and enter UB as a junior (in a compatible program).
- Successfully complete your undergraduate degree at UB and enter a one-year master’s degree program in many areas including: Education, Computer Science and Business (MBA).
Visit UB for a personal transfer consultation.
Important Transfer Considerations:
- You should apply in advance of the date of the term you plan to begin your studies. This will enable you to receive a timely evaluation of your transfer credits, appropriate academic advisement and program planning.
- You must have earned at least a “C” average (2.0 GPA) for all work attempted and be in good academic standing at the previously attended institution to be considered for regular admission.
- All courses taken at the previously institution must be 100 level or higher to transfer over.
- Dental Hygiene, Biology, Health Sciences, all Business majors and Computer Science and Engineering require a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Your acceptance is contingent upon the receipt of all final official transcripts.
- You are required to complete your last thirty semester hours at the University of Bridgeport and meet course requirements as described in each program to be eligible for a degree. A maximum of 66 credits may be awarded from two-year colleges and 90 credits from accredited four-year institutions.
- An applicant who has attempted 12 or more semester hours at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution is considered a transfer applicant.
All transfer students should develop an education plan with a community college counselor. To encourage transfers within Connecticut, UB is continuing to develop degree-specific transfer articulation agreements and guides with regionally accredited schools to assist transfer students in the development of their education plans.
Transfer Application Requirements
Transferring to UB is easy! You can apply online or visit our Transfer Applications Requirements page for more information including instructions for specific majors and requirements for student athletes.