Physician Assistant Admissions Information and Checklist
Admissions requirements must be complete at the time of application (applicants may apply with one class in progress if it will be completed prior to matriculation).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Required coursework taken in the last ten years with a “C” or better from an accredited school:
- 2 semesters of Anatomy and Physiology with labs
- 1 semester of Biology with lab
- 2 semesters of Chemistry with labs
- 1 semester of English
- 1 semester of Psychology
- 1 semester of Statistics
- 1 semester of Microbiology
- 1 semester of Genetics
- 1 semester of Biochemistry
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- 500+ hours of direct patient care experience (please visit FAQs on UB website for more information)
- On campus interview by invitation only
Note: All admitted students will be subject to a background check. This procedure will be conducted by the outside agency Verified Credentials, Inc. All information is maintained confidentially.
Please submit all materials below to CASPA:
- Application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Three recommendation letters
- One must be from a healthcare provider and another from the supervisor of the clinical experience. The third can be a professor, employer, or another individual who has known you on a professional level for a year or more.
- Complete the Healthcare Experience section on the CASPA application to document the 500+ hours of patient care experience
- 3 Supplemental Essay Questions (to be answered on the CASPA application)
Completed application and all supplemental documentation must be received by:
- August 1st for January start
- Rolling admissions, apply through CASPA starting in April for the following January
- Interviews commence in July
Advanced Standing and Transfer
The Institute does not offer advanced standing or transfer credit to students applying to the Institute at this time.