Admissions requirements must be complete at the time of application (applicants may apply with one class in progress if it will be completed prior to matriculation).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Required coursework taken in the last ten years with a “C” or better from an accredited school (AP credit will be accepted):
- 2 semesters of Anatomy and Physiology with labs
- 1 semester of Biology with lab
- 2 semesters of Chemistry with labs
- 1 semester of English
- 1 semester of Psychology
- 1 semester of Statistics
- 1 semester of Microbiology
- 1 semester of Genetics
- 1 semester of Biochemistry
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- Overall Science GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- 500+ hours of direct patient care experience (please visit FAQs on UB website for more information)
- On campus interview by invitation only
Note: All admitted students will be subject to a background check. This procedure will be conducted by the outside agency Verified Credentials, Inc. All information is maintained confidentially.
Please submit all materials below to CASPA:
- Application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Three recommendation letters
- One must be from a healthcare provider and another from the supervisor of the clinical experience. The third can be a professor, employer, or another individual who has known you on a professional level for a year or more.
- Complete the Healthcare Experience section on the CASPA application to document the 500+ hours of patient care experience
- Supplemental Essay Question (to be answered on the CASPA application)
Completed application and all supplemental documentation must be received by:
- August 1st for January start
- Rolling admissions, apply through CASPA starting in April for the following January
- Interviews commence in July
Advanced Standing and Transfer
The Institute does not offer advanced standing or transfer credit to students applying to the Institute at this time.