Human Nutrition, M.S. Admissions Information
Human Nutrition, M.S. Admissions Requirements And Checklist
Program Prerequisites (to be completed prior to matriculation)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Coursework, with a B or better
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II – 6 credits
- Introduction to Biochemistry – 4 credits or Organic Chemistry I and II – 6 credits
- Basic Nutrition – 2 credits
- Application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from every school attended
- Personal statement of 250 – 500 words, detailing why you are seeking this degree, how you expect to apply your degree to your professional career after graduation and why you seek to pursue your degree through the University of Bridgeport
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- June 15 for the Fall semester
- November 1 for the Spring semester
Students interested in graduate programs at the University of Bridgeport are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
The graduate programs represented will include those in:
- Heath Sciences
- Design Management
- Public and International Affairs
Oct 09th 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Oct 10th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Oct 11th 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses (TBA)
- 2:00 p.m. “Unknown Soldier: Searching for a Father” Screening
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block
Join fellow UBCC alumni, as well as faculty and staff, for a mid-day luncheon.
Earn continuing education credits during two lectures:
1 – 3 p.m., Drs. Tim Bertlesman and Brandon Steele: Exceptional Outcomes! Resolving 7 Hidden Musculoskeletal Problems that Delay Recovery
4 – 6 p.m., Dr. Tim Bertlesman: Ligament Laxity
More info to be announced.
Learn about all of the great changes and improvements to the UB Chiropractic facilities on these special afternoon tours.