Chiropractic, D.C. Admissions Information
The University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, located in Bridgeport, Connecticut, is a college within the University of Bridgeport, a non-profit, non-sectarian coeducational institution.
The College of Chiropractic is a professional degree program which grants the Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree to graduates who successfully complete four academic years of study, including a clinical internship. The program is offered on a full-time basis with no students admitted to a part-time course of study.
Chiropractic is the health profession which concerns itself with the relationship between structure and function of the human body, as that relationship may affect the restoration and preservation of health.
The College of Chiropractic prepares students to be primary health care providers. Each student is educated to diagnose, care for the human body in an evidence-based manner, and integrate their care within the larger health care system.
- Students admitted twice per year, in August and January
- An 18-week semester based program – 8 total semesters
- Summers off at the end of the first and second year
- Clinical internships at community based medical centers
- Clinical internship at the Connecticut Veterans Administration Center, West Haven, CT
- Small class sizes
Program Prerequisites (to be completed prior to matriculation)
- Bachelor’s degree earned or a minimum of 90 credits completed
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher within the best 90 credits
- Minimum of 24 credits in the physical/ life sciences, with a C or better (half of which must contain labs)
- Recommended coursework in the following areas:
- Biology/Anatomy and Physiology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Official transcripts from every school attended
- Three recommendation letters
- Letters must be signed and come from employers, professors or professional associates (one must come from a health care provider)
- Personal statement
- In 250–500 words, detail why you are seeking this degree, how you expect to apply your degree to your professional career after graduation and why you seek to pursue your degree through the University of Bridgeport
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- Rolling Admissions
- July 15 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
The University of Bridgeport will be celebrating its 106th Commencement Ceremony in May. Conferral of Degrees for the undergraduate and graduate candidates from the School of Arts and Sciences, Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, School of Education, School of Engineering, Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, College of Public and International Affairs, Physicians Assistant Institute and undergraduates in the Fones School of Dental Hygiene Degrees will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT.
This venue will enable everyone to graduate together with family and friends present (rain or shine) and allow for wonderful photo opportunities (thanks to the tiered seating).
Conferral of Degrees for the Division of Health Sciences’ graduate candidates from the Acupuncture Institute, Fones School of Dental Hygiene, Human Nutrition Institute, Institute, College of Chiropractic and College of Naturopathic Medicine Degrees will take place on Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in the Arnold Bernhard Arts and Humanities Center, André and Clara Mertens Theater, 84 Iranistan Avenue, Bridgeport, CT.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Herbology
- Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine – NEW!
Students will have the opportunity to tour the UB Acupuncture Clinic, view a clinic demonstration, and speak with the Director of UBAI and Admissions. Topics covered will include the application process, scholarship opportunities, and how our program can work for you.
Students interested in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
During the event, admitted students will be able to:
• Connect with faculty and current graduate students
• Meet other accepted graduate students
• Finalize their enrollment at the University of Bridgeport
To RSVP, please email email@example.com or call 203-576-4552.