Applying to IDEAL Undergraduate Program
Application for IDEAL students.
Application for Admission
Students wishing to continue their education through the IDEAL program at UB must submit the following:
- A completed application for Admission.
- Submit official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or GED.
- Official transcripts for CLEP, DSST, AP, foreign credential evaluation and military documents, if applicable.
NOTE: To be considered official, transcripts must have the original seal of authentication and the signature of the Registrar. Personal copies are not considered official. When requesting transcripts, please have the school include both your maiden name and your married name, if applicable.
If you are transferring 12 credits or less, you must provide a letter of recommendation and a personal statement.
- Apply for Financial Aid if you need assistance paying for tuition at www.fafsa.ed.gov using University of Bridgeport school code: 001416
- Proof of various immunizations.
An Admissions Counselor will contact you shortly after receipt of your application to review and discuss your next steps.
Admissions Requirements -- IDEAL Program
Domestic students who are likely candidates for admission into IDEAL include the following:
- Generally the minimum age of students entering the IDEAL Program is twenty-three.
- Either transfer English 101 Composition with a grade "C" or above or PLACED in English 101 from an English Placement Test (EPT) administered by IDEAL.
- Preferred college experience.
- Preferred work experience.
- GPA to be evaluated.
- Citizenship -- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.