Select an IDEAL Application
Fill in our digital form below to start your application process.
Start Your Online Application
Download, complete, and submit the following Paper Application to the IDEAL Program, and our Admissions Counselors will contact you to set up an appointment.
Download a Paper Application
Students wishing to continue their education through the IDEAL Program at UB must submit the following:
- A completed application for Admission
- Official transcripts* from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or GED
- Official transcripts for CLEP, DSST, AP, foreign credential evaluation, and military documents, if applicable
- If you are transferring 12 credits or less, you must provide a letter of recommendation, a personal statement, and a copy of your high school diploma or official transcript.
- If you are transferring 24 credits or less, you must provide a copy of your high school diploma or official transcript.
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov using the University of Bridgeport’s school code: 001416
- Proof of various immunizations (On campus students only)
*NOTE: To be considered official, transcripts must have the original seal of authentication and the signature of the Registrar. Personal copies are not considered official. When requesting transcripts, please have the school include both your maiden name and your married name, if applicable.
An Admissions Counselor will contact you shortly after receipt of your application to review and discuss your next steps.
You’re invited to the IDEAL Program Information Session at our Waterbury Center!
Review of the program, meet fellow prospective students, and discuss your educational goals with an Admissions Counselor to learn how you can complete your degree in Waterbury.
• IDEAL Program structure
• Academic offerings
• Transfer policy
• Admissions requirements
• Program cost and financial aid
Session begins at 6:00 p.m.
ABOUT THE IDEAL PROGRAM
The IDEAL Program offers accelerated evening, weekend, and online courses for adults, age 23 or older, who are working to complete their undergraduate degree while managing work, family and life in general. Most courses are offered on a rolling basis; every five or eight weeks.