How to Apply
Select an IDEAL Application
Fill in our digital form below to start your application process.
Start Your Online Application
Download, complete, and submit the following Paper Application to the IDEAL Program, and our Admissions Counselors will contact you to set up an appointment.
Download a Paper Application
Students wishing to continue their education through the IDEAL Program at UB must submit the following:
- A completed application for Admission
- Official transcripts* from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or GED
- Official transcripts for CLEP, DSST, AP, foreign credential evaluation, and military documents, if applicable
- If you are transferring 12 credits or less, you must provide a letter of recommendation, a personal statement, and a copy of your high school diploma or official transcript.
- If you are transferring 24 credits or less, you must provide a copy of your high school diploma or official transcript.
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov using the University of Bridgeport’s school code: 001416
- Proof of various immunizations (On campus students only)
*NOTE: To be considered official, transcripts must have the original seal of authentication and the signature of the Registrar. Personal copies are not considered official. When requesting transcripts, please have the school include both your maiden name and your married name, if applicable.
An Admissions Counselor will contact you shortly after receipt of your application to review and discuss your next steps.
The University of Bridgeport will be celebrating its 106th Commencement Ceremony in May. Conferral of Degrees for the undergraduate and graduate candidates from the School of Arts and Sciences, Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, School of Education, School of Engineering, Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, College of Public and International Affairs, Physicians Assistant Institute and undergraduates in the Fones School of Dental Hygiene Degrees will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT.
This venue will enable everyone to graduate together with family and friends present (rain or shine) and allow for wonderful photo opportunities (thanks to the tiered seating).