The learning outcomes for the Social Science Program are as follows:
- Students will possess a broad, liberal arts foundation and an understanding of how developments in social and intellectual history shape and affect human values and institutions.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of basic social science research methods.
- Students will demonstrate that they are conversant (i.e., possess a basic grasp) in the disciplines subsumed under the “social science” rubric at the University of Bridgeport, i.e., political science, economics, international studies, and sociology.
- Students will demonstrate a more advanced “working knowledge” of at least one social science discipline.
- Students so inclined will demonstrate they possess the cognitive competencies and study skills to succeed in advanced/graduate studies in any of the social sciences or in law or business.
- Students will demonstrate that they have the competencies needed to function competently in an entry-level social science-related career.
- Students will demonstrate competency in written and oral communication.
* Note for all College of Public and International Affairs majors, a portfolio is collected to track progress in programmatic outcomes