The learning outcomes for the Social Science Program are as follows:
- Students will possess a broad, liberal arts foundation and an understanding of how developments in social and intellectual history shape and affect human values and institutions.
2. Students will demonstrate an understanding of basic social science research methods.
3. Students will demonstrate that they are conversant (i.e., possess a basic grasp) in the disciplines subsumed under the "social science" rubric at the University of Bridgeport, i.e., political science, economics, international studies, and sociology.
4. Students will demonstrate a more advanced "working knowledge" of at least one social science discipline.
5. Students so inclined will demonstrate they possess the cognitive competencies and study skills to succeed in advanced/graduate studies in any of the social sciences or in law or business.
6. Students will demonstrate that they have the competencies needed to function competently in an entry-level social science-related career.
7. Students will demonstrate competency in written and oral communication.
* Note for all International College majors, a portfolio is collected to track progress in programmatic outcomes