Upon successful completion of this program, students will:
- Be proficient in performing the full range of clinical laboratory tests in areas such as hematology, clinical chemistry, immunohematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, coagulation, urinalysis, molecular, and other emerging diagnostics.
- Be able to participate in the development and evaluation of test systems and interpretive algorithms, hold diverse.
- responsibilities in areas of analysis and clinical decision-making, regulatory compliance with applicable regulations, education, and quality assurance/performance improvement wherever laboratory testing is researched, developed or performed.
- Possess basic knowledge, skills, and relevant experiences in consultative interactions with members of the healthcare team, external relations, customer service and patient education; financial, operations, marketing, and human resource management; information management, and; research design/practice sufficient to evaluate published studies as an informed consumer.
- Be proficient in maintaining necessary operations for the general functions of the clinical laboratory, including specimen collection.