Prepare for a Career in Mechanical Engineering
UB’s Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree program combines in-depth studies with lab and project experience to help students apply the principles of motion, force, energy, and materials for the design, development, analysis, manufacturing, testing and maintenance of mechanical systems.
In our program, students will develop competence and acquire knowledge in engineering fundamentals, computer-aided engineering tools, communication skills, design of individual components and multi-component systems, manufacturing processes, mechanical systems, professional ethics, and laboratory exploration.
Students pursuing their degree at UB’s award-winning School of Engineering benefit from:
- Core courses taught by distinguished full-time faculty
- Ongoing improvements to facilities to ensure the availability of cutting-edge tools and laboratories
- Elective tracks that allow targeted learning within six unique subject areas
- Interdisciplinary teamwork that encourages close communication, activities, research, and competition both within the School of Engineering and in conjunction with the Shintaro Akatsu School of Design (SASD)
- Learning within an award-winning environment where faculty and students are routinely recognized for excellence and innovation
- A rich array of on-campus clubs and societies in which engineering students may pursue their interests outside the classroom