By completing the B.S. or B.S. in Mathematics students will:
- have learned fundamental knowledge of Mathematics and be prepared to pursue graduate study or to work as professional mathematicians;
- have well-developed quantitative and analytical skills;
- be able to use skills in mathematical reasoning and critical thinking to understand and analyze phenomena of nature, modern science and society;
- be able to make inferences from data and to communicate, prove and justify their findings;
- be prepared for various qualifying examinations such as the GRE and PRAXIS II.