The IPED program has the following learning outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate an ability to explain and compare different political and economic systems;
- Students will be able to reflect on the role of culture, history and religion in international political economy;
- Students will be able to explain the role of diplomacy and conflict resolution in international relations;
- Students will demonstrate a basic working knowledge of a world language other than one’s mother tongue;
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use critical thinking in their evaluation of issues and problems in international political economy;
- Students will demonstrate practical skills in helping resolve global disputes through diplomacy and conflict resolution.
* Note for all College of Public and International Affairs majors, a portfolio is collected to track progress in programmatic outcomes