The Academic Advising Center (AAC) is home to undergraduate students who are undecided on a major, transitioning between majors, or in a pre-major at the University of Bridgeport (UB). Students in pre-majors will be assigned to a faculty advisor in their program of study. The professional academic advisors in the AAC will serve as a liaison between the student and faculty advisor or faculty in their program. The AAC will also provide supplemental advising to any undergraduate student at UB.
The AAC helps you:
- Select courses to fill major requirements
- Determine which majors could help meet your personal and professional goals
- Develop strategies for academic success
- Connect with campus resources
- Foster involvement in extracurricular experiences
The office also provides important programming designed to help you be successful during your college career at UB. These key programs include:
- Student Success
- Academic Recovery
- Peer Mentors
- Best Practices in Academic Advising for Faculty Advisors
The AAC includes four professional academic advisors as well as a writing coordinator that are available to support you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an advising session or to learn more about our ongoing projects.