A sensor network is made up of numerous small independent sensor nodes with sensing, processing and communicating capabilities. The sensor nodes have limited battery and a minimal amount of on-board computing power. This primary objective of this research work is construct a methodology that utilizes source and path redundancy techniques with the intention to efficiently reduce the required energy consumption while maximizing the lifetime of the sensor network. In addition, the developed methodology presents a strategy to optimize the number of active sensor nodes and assign equal time slots to each sensor nodes for sensing and communication with Base Station (BS).
- Bryan Sarazin and Syed S. Rizvi. A Self-Deployment Obstacle Avoidance (SOA) Algorithm for Mobile Sensor Networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Security, Vol. 4, Issue. 3, pp. 316 – 330, 2010. [PDF]
- Allon Rai, Sangeta Ale, Syed S. Rizvi, and Aasia Riasat. New Methodology for Self Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks. Journal of Communication and Computer, (JCC). Vol. 6, No. 11, pp. 37-44, 2009.
- Nilay Patel, Mayuresh Bhalekar, Pandya Nirav, Syed S. Rizvi, Khaled Elleithy, “Reducing Power Consumption in Sensor Network Using Sensor MAC Protocol,”2009 ASEE Northeast Section Conference, University of Bridgeport, Connecticut (2009 NE ASEE), April 3-4, 2009.
- Allon Rai, Sangita Ale, Syed Rizvi and Aasia Riasat," A New Methodology for Self Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks," 12th IEEE International Multi-topic Conference (IEEE INMIC 2008), 23-24 December 2008, Bahria University Karachi, Pakistan. [PDF]
- Allon Rai, Sangita Ale, and Syed S. Rizvi, and Aasia Riasat," A New Power Efficient Algorithm for Self Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks," International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering (CIS2E 08), December 5 - 13, 2008. [PDF]
- Syed S. Rizvi, Khushboo Patel, and Chaitali Patel, “Use of Self-Adaptive Methodology in Wireless Sensor Networks for Reducing the Energy Consumption”, International Conference on Telecommunications and Networking (TeNe 07), Bridgeport, CT, USA. December 3 - 12, 2007. [PDF] (Audio Presentation)
- Syed S. Rizvi, Aasia Riasat, “Use of Self-Adaptive Methodology in Wireless Sensor Networks for Reducing Energy Consumption,” IEEE International Conference on Information and Emerging Technologies (IEEE ICIET-2007), pp. 1 – 7, July 06-07, 2007, Karachi, Pakistan [PDF]
- Syed S. Rizvi, Khushboo Patel, and Chaitali Patel, and Khaled M. Elleithy, “An Approach to Reduce the Energy Consumption in Wireless Sensor Networks through Active Nodes Optimization,” 2007 NEW ENGLAND AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR ENGINEERING EDUCATION CONFERENCE, April 20-21, 2007.[PDF]