Director: Dr. Gad J. Selig, PMP, COP
The Technology Management Master’s Program is designed to develop leaders adept at managing technology dependent organizations, technological change, and skilled in establishing and maintaining superior competitive advantage for their respective enterprises. It is essential that an enterprise continually develops, sources and/or applies, the latest technology for products, services, processes and systems. The UB Technology Management Program is specifically designed to develop skills and competencies such as:
- Identifying and evaluating the impact of relevant changing technology and managing those changes effectively in organizations.
- Designing programs to identify, develop and implement innovative technological based solutions.
- Managing the effective planning and execution of those technology based initiatives and the integration of their results into the mainstream of an enterprises’ strategy, processes and operations.
- The application of technology to create wealth.
- Leadership and the creation of high-performance global teams.
- Creating and sustaining exceptional innovation and communication skills.
UB's Technology Management program offers the student the flexibility of customizing their academic focus and to specialize in a number of concentrations, which are inter-disciplinary and available through various departments to provide more career choices and flexibility for the students.
UB’s Technology Management program emphasizes hands-on involvement with business management and technology issues and opportunities through case studies, internships, team and individual research projects. The Technology Management Department is home to the CTech IncUBator. The CTech IncUBator is a partnership between the University of Bridgeport and Connecticut Innovations, the state's quasi public venture capital organization. The IncUBator provides entrepreneurs with pro-bono support services and access to UB faculty, students and facilities as well as sources of capital. The CTech IncUBator fosters regional economic development and creates new jobs that benefit the surrounding community.