Keys to Completing the Finance (M.S.) Degree Program
In order to successfully complete the program, you will be required to complete 30 credits of coursework, which includes a final capstone. The capstone may be completed through an internship, suggested for students that are currently working and/or seeking to enter the workforce directly upon graduation; or thesis of original research, suggested for students wishing to pursue a Ph.D. or other terminal degree. You must satisfactorily complete all academic requirements with a cumulative grade point average grade of “B” (CGPA = 3.0) or better.
Your success will be assessed using the following measures:
- Participation in classroom activities addressing current financial events
- Preparing case studies
- Creating one-off backtests of financial hypotheses
- Performing simulations
- Developing reusable financial and risk management tools
- Performing due diligence research projects
- Writing 5-to-10-page papers on critical financial topics
- Presenting findings in a five-minute professional presentation
- One capstone project and presentation reflecting their accumulated knowledge and skills
To learn more details regarding course descriptions and curriculum, visit the Course Offerings page.
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Students interested in University of Bridgeport’s graduate programs in the School of Business are invited to an online webinar to learn more information.
The online information session will be held on Wednesday April 25th at 7 pm and will provide you with the opportunity to hear from Dr. Mike Lohle about the importance of Analytics Intelligence in today’s business industry. The session will also feature information about the available program options and application process, as well as provide an opportunity for questions.
Upon registration, a confirmation email will be sent with the link for the information session.