Student Chapter of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association – ADHA
Students enrolled in the dental hygiene program join the Fones School Student Chapter of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association, the professional organization through which students can become knowledgeable in current concepts and legislation in their chosen profession. The objective of this association is to familiarize students with the professional organization through local, state, regional and national activities.
The ADHA Advantage
Whether you’ve just started in a dental hygiene program or are preparing to graduate, the student chapter of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association is your first link to the dental hygiene profession.
Student membership in ADHA joins you with an organization of dental hygiene students dedicated to building the ethical and educational future of your profession.
Student Membership provides you with the invaluable opportunity of previewing your career as a dental hygienist. It demonstrates the role ADHA plays in the dental hygiene profession, and is included in your student activity fee. When you graduate, you can transition your membership to full active status.
Benefits of ADHA membership include:
- Access Magazine, ADHA’s professional magazine that focuses on current issues in oral health care, dental hygiene practice, and legislation.
- The Journal of Dental Hygiene brings you the latest scientific and technical information affecting clinical practice, education, and research.
- Scholarships and Research Grants. ADHA student members can apply for scholarships and research grants through the Institute for Oral Health (IOH), because they believe it’s essential to encourage and promote professional excellence through scholarships and quality research in collaboration with ADHA.
- Malpractice Insurance offers special student coverage for school. In many states malpractice insurance is needed to enable you to qualify for the state board licensure exam.
- Financial Security through ADHA insurance programs such as group health, disability, automobile, and term life, as well as a signature loan by mail service and VISA/MasterCard program. ADHA’s short-term medical insurance is perfect for recent grads who are no longer covered by a parent’s plan and are waiting for coverage by an employer.
- Employment Assistance through ADHA offers state employment referral services, national classified advertising, and employment reference materials to help you move ahead in your career.
- Job Security is important to new graduates. ADHA’s legislative efforts monitor and provide input into government activities that influence the practice of dental hygiene and protect your role as a provider of oral health care. Join the largest association that represents the interests of the dental hygiene profession. ADHA recognizes you as a provider of quality oral health care and represents you in the professional community. ADHA is a strong, united organization that guides the development of dental hygiene practice and helps enhance and protect your status as an oral health care provider. To receive a special discounted student membership application, fill out the online SADHA membership application.
The University of Bridgeport offers a wide variety of activities in an atmosphere in which students can develop personally, socially and culturally. The student activity center provides leisure-time facilities in addition to its year-round programs of special recreational, creative and cultural events.
Also on campus is the Wheeler Recreation Center. Wheeler Rec is a multi-purpose facility offering students the opportunity to participate in a full range of intramural sports that are scheduled according to players’ interests.
In addition, the center features a 25-meter pool, steam room and saunas, racquetball, squash and tennis courts, a 1/10 th mile running lane, Universal gym and free weights, and martial arts and dance studios.
Much more than spectator sports, athletics at the University of Bridgeport offer real opportunities to excel.
A variety of NCAA Division II men’s and women’s programs are available, including soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, cross-country, gymnastics and swimming. The home field of UB’s baseball team is Bridgeport’s new professional stadium at Harbor Yard.