The College of Public and International Affairs offers study of:
Minor in Foreign Languages
The University of Bridgeport offers a minor in Foreign Languages. For information please contact Guljana Torikai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why study a foreign language?
- Mastery of a foreign language allows you to serve as a bridge between civilizations.
- Mastery of a foreign language expands your career opportunities.
- Mastery of a foreign language increases the likelihood that you will be needed to travel the world to represent your country, your workplace and the causes that interest you.
- Especially in the United States we need more young people to master the so-called less commonly taught languages such as Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japaneese and Arabic.
- Language classes are kept small to allow interaction between you and your professors.
- Overseas study is encouraged and can be arranged through the Office of the Dean of the College of Public and International Affairs.
Modern Language Roundtable
To read more about the opportunities that you can find through mastering a foreign language please read the Modern Language Roundtable, a semi-annual publication, of the College of Public and International Affairs which is edited by Dr. Ikuko Jassey and is contributed to by professors in the language program.