UBCC students participate in unmatched clinical training opportunities, including rotations at the following prestigious locations:
- UB Clinics, our on-campus health sciences clinics
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System
- Stony Brook Medical Center
- Bridgeport Bluefish, minor league baseball team
- Optimus Health Care Centers
- Community Health Centers of Connecticut
- Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center
- Orthopedic Specialty Group
- Various private practices
Senior chiropractic students actively provide care in UB’s on-campus out-patient clinic. Students have the opportunity to work in an integrated health care setting alongside UB’s Acupuncture, Dental Hygiene, and Naturopathic Medicine students. UBCC also has a state-of-the-art human performance lab where students can directly work with athletes from UB’s NCAA Division II sports teams.
Rotations and externships at various off-campus teaching clinics provide UBCC students with diverse clinical experiences. Each semester, select students participate in rotations at two regional Veterans Administration Hospitals where they assist in providing chiropractic care to veterans. Students also have the opportunity to assist UB clinical faculty with the treatment of patients at six community health centers across Connecticut. Further experiences are available in the surrounding Bridgeport community, including internships with the Bridgeport Bluefish baseball team, Stony Brook Medical Center’s Neuroradiology unit, and established private practices.