Why UB Global Development and Peace (M.A.) Online?
There are many reasons why students from all over the world choose to pursue a degree in Global Development and Peace online with UB:
- Opportunity to learn from a global education leader recognized by the United Nations with NGO status — one of only 12 select universities in the United States with this accreditation.
- An international student population that offers an unique perspective on a variety of cultures.
- Courses offering face-to-face interaction online with students and professors as well as access to the UB campus if needed. UB has welcomed some of the most renowned lecturers of peace in history such as Eleanor Roosevelt and Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Class flexibility that allows students to address work and family needs.
- Overseas internships that provide real world, in-country experience for two weeks each year — all scheduled around work and family commitments.
- Partnerships with global institutions such as Hanyang University in Seoul, South Korea, Princess Sumaya University in Jordan and Sichuan University Jin Jian College in China.
- Affiliations with private and public sector organizations that utilize UB students in policy advising and policy execution.
- Faculty who participate in the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, and monthly UN and Global Forums, and Language Roundtables.
- Opportunity to be published in the Journal of Global Development and Peace, the industry publication founded at UB.
- Access to an extensive worldwide network of alumni mentors and advisors from over 80 countries.
- Geographic proximity to New York City, allowing students to intern at the UN and other international organizations and NGOs.
Plus, the value of earning a master’s degree at an affordable price from a true thought leader in the area of international studies.
Program Overview: Online MA in Global Development & Peace