Mission and Goals
College of Naturopathic Medicine Mission Statement
The Mission of the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine is to prepare individuals to become physicians who are leaders in patient-centered, collaborative, and sustainable healthcare settings and are guided by a commitment to the philosophy, principles and traditions of naturopathic healing and medicine.
~ Adopted by self-study committee, September 2012
The College of Naturopathic Medicine:
- Facilitates the transformation of students to competent, compassionate, culturally sensitive naturopathic physicians who excel in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Cultivates an exceptional academic environment that supports research and scholarly activities to enhance student learning and advance the profession.
- Fosters collaborative relationships within the university to provide multidisciplinary opportunities in education, research and patient care for students and faculty.
- Supports alumni with resources and opportunities for professional development.
- Provides excellent naturopathic health and wellness services to the diverse population of Greater Bridgeport and the Northeast Region.
- Advocates for the profession through education, outreach, and legislative activities that increase the global awareness of the college and naturopathic medicine.