Students in the M.S. Mechanical Engineering Program will be able to
- demonstrate the ability to design or analyze a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic, contemporary constraints such as health and safety, ethics, performance, sustainability and economics.
- develop specialized advanced skills in mechanical engineering fields including fluid mechanics, heat transfer, material science, dynamics, vibrations, numerical methods, design and manufacturing.
- demonstrate the ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- demonstrate the ability to create, adapt, transfer and integrate existing and emerging technologies into new products, processes and services.
- develop decision making, risk assessment and problem solving skills considering both economic and other constraints.
- develop both technical and management oral presentation and written communication skills.