Students in the M.S. Mechanical Engineering Program will be able to
1. demonstrate the ability to design or analyze a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic, contemporary constraints such as health and safety, ethics, performance, sustainability and economics.
2. develop specialized advanced skills in mechanical engineering fields including fluid mechanics, heat transfer, material science, dynamics, vibrations, numerical methods, design and manufacturing.
3. demonstrate the ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
4. demonstrate the ability to create, adapt, transfer and integrate existing and emerging technologies into new products, processes and services.
5. develop decision making, risk assessment and problem solving skills considering both economic and other constraints.
6. develop both technical and management oral presentation and written communication skills.