Doctor of Health Sciences (D.H.Sc.) Program Prerequisites
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a graduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher, or a first professional doctorate from a regionally accredited institution and professionally accredited program of study, where appropriate
- Health care experience, professional credentials, or licensure in a health-related field is preferred. Applicants without health care experience will be evaluated on their potential for success, such as significant leadership in education and the clinical environment
- University of Bridgeport Application
- $75 application fee (non-refundable)
- Check or money order should be made payable to the University of Bridgeport
- Official transcripts from every school attended
- World Education Services (WES) evaluation for any foreign coursework
- Two recommendation letters
- Personal statement
- In 500 words or more, detail your reasons for wanting to undertake doctoral studies, your most significant personal and professional accomplishments, the extent to which your personal and professional responsibilities will allow you to devote the necessary time and effort to the program, and a description of your potential dissertation topic
- Writing sample
- Publications authored by the applicant as first or second author in peer-reviewed publications
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Office of Admissions
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- June 1 for priority consideration for the fall semester
- November 1 for priority consideration for the spring semester
- April 1 for priority consideration for the summer semester
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Students interested in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
Register today! Click on the date below that work best for you:
Hosted by the UB Biology Club
Dr. Dusan Bogunovic ’04, Assistant Professor in the Department of Microbiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City, will present a one-hour presentation, “Genetics and Immunology.”
This free event is open to all UB students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Are you submitting a poster for Faculty Research Day? Today is the last day to submit your poster!
First Authors Only
If you are a student or faculty/staff member who is a First Author, use this registration form to submit your poster and register for the event.
Come learn about UB’s RN to BSN Hybrid Completion Program:
- Meet our esteemed School of Nursing faculty
- Bring your transcripts and receive transfer credit & program planning advisement
- Tour our new state-of-the-art Nursing Skills and Simulation Center
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
Morning Information Sessions:
- Thursday, January 26, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 10, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Evening Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017 from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Join us on campus for an inside look at our Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) program!
Prospective students are invited to come to campus for an admissions presentation, classroom test drive, and campus tour. Bring your unofficial transcripts for a complementary prerequisite evaluation!