Doctor of Health Sciences (D.H.Sc.) Program Prerequisites
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a graduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher, or a first professional doctorate from a regionally accredited institution and professionally accredited program of study, where appropriate
- Health care experience, professional credentials, or licensure in a health-related field is preferred. Applicants without health care experience will be evaluated on their potential for success, such as significant leadership in education and the clinical environment
- University of Bridgeport Application
- $75 application fee (non-refundable)
- Check or money order should be made payable to the University of Bridgeport
- Official transcripts from every school attended
- World Education Services (WES) evaluation for any foreign coursework
- Two recommendation letters
- Personal statement
- In 500 words or more, detail your reasons for wanting to undertake doctoral studies, your most significant personal and professional accomplishments, the extent to which your personal and professional responsibilities will allow you to devote the necessary time and effort to the program, and a description of your potential dissertation topic
- Writing sample
- Publications authored by the applicant as first or second author in peer-reviewed publications
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Office of Admissions
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- June 1 for priority consideration for the fall semester
- November 1 for priority consideration for the spring semester
- April 1 for priority consideration for the summer semester
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Join members of the UB community for 2017 UB Faculty Research Day!
Attend this premiere academic event to learn about the diverse array of research undertaken by faculty and assisted by students. Poster presentations will begin the day, followed by a keynote address, “Beyond the Scholarship of Discovery–Opportunities for Academic Research,” delivered by featured speaker Donald H. Sebastian, Ph.D. Further discussion and awards will round out the afternoon.
|9 – 11:15 a.m.||Schelfhaudt Gallery||Coffee and Poster Presentations|
|11:30 – 12:30 a.m.||Littlefield Recital Hall||Keynote Address|
|12:45 – 1:45 p.m.||Littlefield Recital Hall||Multiple Rooms|
|1:45 – 3:45 p.m.||Littlefield Recital Hall||Seed Money Grant Awardees Symposium|
|4 p.m.||Schelfhaudt Gallery||Wine and Cheese Reception and Awards|
Monthly meeting of the University Senate. Senators and Presidential Appointees are invited to attend.
Students interested in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
Register today! Click on the date below that work best for you:
Come learn about UB’s RN to BSN Hybrid Completion Program:
- Meet our esteemed School of Nursing faculty
- Bring your transcripts and receive transfer credit & program planning advisement
- Tour our new state-of-the-art Nursing Skills and Simulation Center
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
Morning Information Sessions:
Evening Information Sessions:
Students interested in the Division of Health Sciences are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
Graduate programs represented include:
- Dental Hygiene
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Physician Assistant
- Chinese Herbology
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
Click here to register!
Please arrive promptly at 10:00 a.m.