To be completed prior to matriculation:
- Bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene or a related field from an accredited institution
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
Required Materials for Admission
- Official Transcripts (from every school attended)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Letters must be signed and come from employers, professors or professional associates (i.e. clinical supervisor or dental hygiene director)
- Personal Statement
- In 500 words, detail why you are seeking this degree, how you expect to apply your degree to your professional career after graduation and why you seek to pursue your degree through the University of Bridgeport
- Photocopy of dental hygiene license in good standing
- All accepted students will be subject to a background check through the external agency, Verified Credentials. Further information will be distributed by your advisor
All admissions materials should be sent to the:
Office of Admissions
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- March 31 for summer entry
- Rolling admission
More information may be found at UB’s Office of Admissions.
Join us to learn more about how you can become part of UB’s inaugural Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) class!
- Meet our esteemed School of Nursing faculty
- Learn about the program and admissions requirements
- Tour our new state-of-the-art Nursing Skills and Simulation Center and UB’s seaside campus
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
Morning Information Sessions:
- Friday, October 07, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, November 04, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, December 02, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 06, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, September 23, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 18, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 20, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
Late Afternoon Information Sessions:
Join us on campus for an inside look at our Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) program!
Prospective students are invited to come to campus for an admissions presentation, campus tour, and classroom observation. Bring your unofficial transcripts for a complementary prerequisite evaluation!
Click on the date below to register for the session that best fits your schedule:
Learn about all of the great changes and improvements to the UB Chiropractic facilities on these special tours, meeting at the Ped Mall clock.
Join fellow UBCC alumni, as well as faculty and staff, for a mid-day luncheon.
Earn continuing education credits during two lectures (speakers TBA).