Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
Our Criminal Justice and Human Security (M.A.) graduates will:
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to excel in professional careers in federal, state, and international law enforcement agencies where intercultural communication skills, foreign language skills, and insights into other cultures are increasingly important both to address criminal activity and to take needed steps to prevent it.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation of the rule of law, law enforcement’s role in the securing and protection of civil and human rights, and an understanding of the social conditions and circumstances that foster or discourage criminal behavior.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Human Security and its role in the realization of a just and lawful society and the impact that this understanding of security has upon the existing notions of national, regional and international security.
- Demonstrate the intercultural literacy skills needed to relate to an increasingly globalized population where norms and values may differ.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of non-state actors in international crime and justice, in such fields as norm creation, deviance, terrorism, and crime prevention.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interpretations of religion, ideology, and culture that contribute to the proliferation and/or the deterrence of violence and crime.
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Join us on March 28, 2018, and help us Paint the Day Purple for our 2nd Annual Giving Day Challenge. This year our goal is to reach 500 donors in 24 hours. Stay tuned on Giving Day for hourly challenges from UB Board of Trustees and alumni!
For more information, visit bridgeport.edu/givingday
WAYS TO PAINT THE DAY PURPLE
• Make a gift on Wednesday, March 28
› Online at give.bridgeport.edu
› Mail a check payable to University of Bridgeport
› Call the Office of Annual Giving at 203.576.4542
• Get social and share your “Only UB” stories using hashtag #UBGivingDay!
Add your brushstroke and join the painting party!