The College Student Personnel Concentration is designed to prepare students for counseling careers in higher education. The program prepares students for entry-level positions in college and university settings and for careers at institutions of higher education throughout the country. Advanced coursework in this concentration includes classes in career and lifestyle development, organization and administration of higher education, and college student development. This program is 45 credit hours and may be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. No special licensing post-degree is required for college student personnel job placement.
Upon completion of the program, students demonstrate:
- Application of a lifespan approach to career and lifestyle development
- The ability to perform career assessment and career guidance
- An understanding of assessment tools used in college counseling centers
- Ability to apply placement procedures for advancement in college career centers
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
Personal characteristics students cultivate in our program include:
- Determination and confidence
- Leadership skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication and motivational skills
- Familiarity with information technology
College Student Personnel graduates find employment in colleges, universities and other institutions of higher learning working in:
- Admissions-applications and marketing
- Financial aid
- Academic advising, career planning and placement
- Residential Life- student services, student clubs and organizations
- Administration-policies and programs, reports, forms, and documents, transcripts
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Come enjoy a night of music featuring UB faculty members!
The evening performance will include Dan Arcamone on guitar, Henry Lugo on bass, and Jason Kruk on drums.
Students interested in graduate programs at the University of Bridgeport are welcome to join us at our Waterbury location for information regarding the application process and program details.
The graduate programs represented will include those in:
- Public and International Affairs
Join us for a guest recital featuring music for piano and percussion from Yale University’s Icarus Quartet!
Join us for the 14th Annual Pipescreams event, featuring University of Bridgeport and Sacred Heart University choirs, and the Greater Bridgeport Chapter, American Guild of Organists (AGO).
Plus, celebrate Halloween while you attend! Prizes for best costumes will be awarded.
Ticket Information: $15/$9 students/free for children under 10.
Purchase at the door, or call the United Congregational Church at 203-335-3107.