College Student Personnel Concentration
The College Student Personnel Concentration is designed to prepare students for counseling careers in higher education. The program prepares students for entry-level positions in college and university settings and for careers at institutions of higher education throughout the country. Advanced coursework in this concentration includes classes in career and lifestyle development, organization and administration of higher education, and college student development. This program is 45 credit hours and may be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. No special licensing post-degree is required for college student personnel job placement.
Upon completion of the program, students demonstrate:
- Application of a lifespan approach to career and lifestyle development
- The ability to perform career assessment and career guidance
- An understanding of assessment tools used in college counseling centers
- Ability to apply placement procedures for advancement in college career centers
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
Personal characteristics students cultivate in our program include:
- Determination and confidence
- Leadership skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication and motivational skills
- Familiarity with information technology
College Student Personnel graduates find employment in colleges, universities and other institutions of higher learning working in:
- Admissions-applications and marketing
- Financial aid
- Academic advising, career planning and placement
- Residential Life- student services, student clubs and organizations
- Administration-policies and programs, reports, forms, and documents, transcripts
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
The University of Bridgeport will be celebrating its 106th Commencement Ceremony in May. Conferral of Degrees for the undergraduate and graduate candidates from the School of Arts and Sciences, Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, School of Education, School of Engineering, Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, College of Public and International Affairs, Physicians Assistant Institute and undergraduates in the Fones School of Dental Hygiene Degrees will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT.
This venue will enable everyone to graduate together with family and friends present (rain or shine) and allow for wonderful photo opportunities (thanks to the tiered seating).
During the event, admitted students will be able to:
• Connect with faculty and current graduate students
• Meet other accepted graduate students
• Finalize their enrollment at the University of Bridgeport
To RSVP, please email email@example.com or call 203-576-4552.