CHIROPRACTIC: A health profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal manipulation or adjustment.
This definition comes from the World Federation of Chiropractic
For more information on the chiropractic profession please visit the web sites of the following organizations.
- American Chiropractic Association
- Connecticut Chiropractic Association
- Council on Chiropractic Education
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards
- Congress of State Chiropractic Associations
- Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters
- World Federation of Chiropractic