Curriculum and Requirements
There is a core of 15 credits (5 courses) and 12 to 15 elective credits (4 to 5 courses) in one of the concentration areas.
Core Courses: 15 Credit Hours
- CS 400 Object Oriented Programming Using C++
- CpE 410 Introduction to Computer Architecture
- CpE 471 Data and Computer Communication
- CpE 448D Introduction to VLSI Design (or CpE 447 Logic Synthesis Using FPGAs)
- EE 443 Applied Digital Signal Processing
Elective Courses: 12-15 Credit Hours
- The elective courses may be chosen from the list of Computer Engineering concentration areas or chosen in consultation with the graduate advisor.
- Students must do a Master’s project (3 credit hours) or thesis (6 credit hours) as part of the elective credit hours.
The Department also offers, as an integral part of the Computer Engineering Masters Degree, the opportunity to specialize in several concentration areas:
Please refer to the Graduate Studies Division Catalog for course details of the concentration areas.
General M.S. Program Requirements applies.