Master of Science in Education or Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Teacher Leadership
This Master of Science in Education or Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Teacher Leadership, or Mod Map, is designed specifically for those interested in assuming leadership roles in their schools. Specifically, the degree program focuses on the contemporary demands within today's school systems such as accountability, heightened attention to the achievement gap, formalized mentoring of younger teachers and strategies for ongoing professional development. Coursework includes both semester long and on-credit classes focused on curriculum, teacher leadership and school law, as well as evaluation.
As a student in the Mod Map degree program, you will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Effective research techniques;
- Strategies for leading colleagues;
- Understanding the parameters of school law;
- Processes related to curriculum development;
- Assessment tools for individual students, as well as for programs and for schools.
To be considered for the University of Bridgeport Master of Science or CAS in Teacher Leadership Degree Program, you must first have:
- A completed graduate admissions application and application fee;
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- A B- cumulative undergraduate GPA;
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended;
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to your capability for graduate work;
- Two hundred words (250) essay addressing your purposes and goals for undertaking the program.